vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Guys got involved in a weird hand. The guy only went with a pair so I regretted discarding flush from his range unless another gold came in so I hit it. Wrong decision?
https://upswingpoker.com/hand/?pokeit=624tDKz3t

You can't imagine the best flop for your opponent. After the turn, you didn't even think about discarding, but in this hand I suggest thinking negatively and understanding that you have absolutely no outs in order to win this hand against a flush. To make the right decision, you should take into account the opponent's previous hands, his bets in victory situations. In order this situation, it's difficult to make a decision, because you got hooked on the flop, and the turn inspired you, but on the turn you had to fold when the opponent's bet was 3/4. You have the same banks and what do you win/lose in this situation :confused: Good flop and difficult decision, but you will accept a right decision in the next situation:heeeellll

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
:10c4::8c4: in a K.O. tournament? with that amount of chips? I fold preflop!
many players will open a wide range in MP1 and I don't wanna defend my BBs with this speculative hand
I understand your play, sometimes the villain will only have, Top pair or 2P and you will win

S

StepUp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh that was just a cooler given his 3x open and previous info you had on him you put him on an Ace or on a set and you disregarded the flush;then you had that J who made u think u hit your card on turn but this was just a more muggy situation for you and made you loose a very big pot. Defending with suited connctors is good so u played your hand good but u lost it.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a bad run-out for sure. I can see getting away on the flop. Sure, you flop a straight draw, but there's a ton of cards that can hurt you on the next two streets, and seeing the villain already has the flush, you're drawing dead. You are out of position with a solid stack. I would reluctantly fold to the flop bet and live to see another hand.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Guys got involved in a weird hand. The guy only went with a pair so I regretted discarding flush from his range unless another gold came in so I hit it. Wrong decision?
https://upswingpoker.com/hand/?pokeit=624tDKz3t
10-8 suited is not an ideal hand to defend with but it does have potential.
I have put myself in your position.

On the flop - I reluctantly called his suspiciously small C-bet(roughly 1/3 the pot), villain may just be c-betting to try to get me to fold at minimal risk to his/her stack.
On the turn - I hit a Jack, Villain bets a little over 1/2 the pot, not too many people will bet more than 1/2 pot on a bluff, this bet size makes me believe the c-bet was just a low "value bet", so I fold.
Had I continued as you did, I would have check/folded the river because the turn raise was called.

Would you have continued had you been re-raised on the turn?

J

johnsulliv

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You paid for the flop and it discounted most of your hands potential, no chance of a flush.
Chasing the straight against an opponent in good position with a likely range that covers you on the flop and holds against a you throughout the turn and river.
Playing that hand against maybe cutoff or button perhaps ??