KK spot for discussion

bianconi_10

bianconi_10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We're close to the end of late reg. I min raise KK with a roughly 40 bb stack from ep. A player from MP (Stack just covers mine) flats and the button jams for a little over 10 bb's.

I'm open for any suggestions from here on out. Not sure about any of my decisions from this point on.

I flat the button's jam. I'm not totally sure off of a normal utg opening range what hands I should be flatting versus jamming in this spot. I think this deep it can't be an overwhelmingly large amount of hands I flat versus jamming. I don't have any reads on villain as he hasn't done anything OOL and on ignition it's tough to keep track on player tendencies.

My thought process is I want to induce a call/back raise from my opponent to win more chips. If an A comes I am willing to make a fold in a three way pot where ranges are strong, depending on how things play out. Both my opponents can block each other so more often than not it will be difficult for an A to flop and I should be able to profit from that.

Villain calls and we are three ways to a flop.

The Flop is 974 all diamonds. I do NOT have a diamond in my hand. What should my bet sizing be? The pot is roughly 30 bb's giving villain and I a One SPR. If I value bet small I run the risk of giving my opponent direct odds to improve and then price them in on any turn based on stack sizes. If I jam I run the risk of only getting called by better hands. What is the play here?

I feel that maybe I should jam because I force villain to make the most mistakes in the hand, though what would a potential calling range be here? Pre flop definitely alters the rest of the decision points in the hand but I don't think jamming is the for sure the objectively correct play.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
While I can understand trying to get the 2nd player to call I would have 4bet there. With the call, blinds and shove this is a nice size pot already and he might fold to the button jam anyways so I would 4 bet it and let him make the decision to play for all the chips or not.

S

sirrupetot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would jam preflop, but u can alse just call and reevaluate flop..nut depends on that player tendencies.

L

ledris

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, the best possible initial option is to move all in pre flop as someone has made a 3bet in our raise. Anyway, after seeing a flop, I this the best action is to move all in unless an ace had come. There is no reason to chase more value, you have a pot of 30 bb, it's definitely a perfect pot if you can win it, so dont risk with one more diamond, or with a card whick makes an open-ended straight. The person who may calls you, the most times has less possibilities compared to you. Even if he have 2 pairs in flop, you have good chance to win, the only thing that you realy scared is flopped set! So move all in, dont let them see a turn, with a bad price for you and a good price for them.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On the flop, you are already too tightly tied to a pot of 30 BB and must continue to play. Playing All-in will be the best decision - you cannot bet smaller, it will not allow the villain to be beaten out of the pot. There is no ace on the flop and you should not give the villain the chance to get him cheap. Your kings will now be ahead in most hands.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The right move is all-in after a 10bb raise.

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On the flop, you are already too tightly tied to a pot of 30 BB and must continue to play. Playing All-in will be the best decision - you cannot bet smaller, it will not allow the villain to be beaten out of the pot. There is no ace on the flop and you should not give the villain the chance to get him cheap. Your kings will now be ahead in most hands.

I agree with this as well as the sentiment that you should shove preflop for the main reason that the size of the pot is so large.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In my opinion, this is all-in preflop !!!

T

Trixster61

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually find by this time I have probably already lost.

One of these people have been betting on their A6 or A7 diamonds to hit a flush.... Even if you went all in pre flop they would have called.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, after he makes his 3bet I do 4bet with all-in, it's KK there's not much to think about here he'll decide if he's going to pay or not.

G

gryphon3005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with the comments on shoving pre flop and, in the situation you describe, shoving post flop is the only play. If the 2nd player has two diamonds well, that's poker, but if he has only one diamond you need to make it as expensive as possible for him to call.

BluWynd

BluWynd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don’t understand all of the lingo as of yet, but where was your bankroll compared to the rest you were betting against?

J

Jai_R

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would jam and see if I get a caller. I wouldn't want just a rag to hop in and take the pot.

fishfood80

fishfood80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We're close to the end of late reg. I min raise KK with a roughly 40 bb stack from ep. A player from MP (Stack just covers mine) flats and the button jams for a little over 10 bb's.

I'm open for any suggestions from here on out. Not sure about any of my decisions from this point on.

I flat the button's jam. I'm not totally sure off of a normal utg opening range what hands I should be flatting versus jamming in this spot. I think this deep it can't be an overwhelmingly large amount of hands I flat versus jamming. I don't have any reads on villain as he hasn't done anything OOL and on ignition it's tough to keep track on player tendencies.

My thought process is I want to induce a call/back raise from my opponent to win more chips. If an A comes I am willing to make a fold in a three way pot where ranges are strong, depending on how things play out. Both my opponents can block each other so more often than not it will be difficult for an A to flop and I should be able to profit from that.

Villain calls and we are three ways to a flop.

The Flop is 974 all diamonds. I do NOT have a diamond in my hand. What should my bet sizing be? The pot is roughly 30 bb's giving villain and I a One SPR. If I value bet small I run the risk of giving my opponent direct odds to improve and then price them in on any turn based on stack sizes. If I jam I run the risk of only getting called by better hands. What is the play here?

I feel that maybe I should jam because I force villain to make the most mistakes in the hand, though what would a potential calling range be here? Pre flop definitely alters the rest of the decision points in the hand but I don't think jamming is the for sure the objectively correct play.

I tend to agree with a lot of others on this thread in the jamming after the 10bb all in. There is already enough chips in the middle to try and isolate the all in. And if the player behind decides to call off your stack that's ok for us as well as we will be ahead of his open flatting range a high percentage of the time. As for post flop it's very hard to say seeing how this hand has been playing out. I think you would get called by some draws possibly a 56 suited type of hand as well as a ton of flush draws so jamming isn't horrible sweating the snap call with Ax of diamonds. I believe 9's or 7's would have raised pre flop before the jam so 44 is the only set possibility imo. AA should have jammed over the top of your flat so that's highly unlikely. Not having the K of diamonds is concerning but thinking it over I guess if you've gone with this line you might have to get it in on this flop to protect your equity. I'd be interested to see how this played out.