ODRAGD3

ODRAGD3

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Many people like to start a tournament, whether it's a big tournament or a spin&go with a pair, but what happens when this pair is a JJ and you're on the first hand on the button with JJ and your opponent sends All in on the first hand! pay thinking about winning the first hand and doubling or losing and exiting the tournament on the first hand! What is the most logical play?

I always call! That's why I think I'm not in the Top of the best!

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
i call and gamble why not especially if it´s micro mtt

Niveau1

Niveau1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Easy fold No one wins a tournament in the first level.

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
JJ is always difficult to play, I love having them in my hand but paying all in the first hand is too risky. salutes

NootNoot

NootNoot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Spin & go I'm all in. I've only ever played the $0.50 version with free tickets so don't know what normal strategy is or really care. I have seen lots of players go all-in first hand with any ace, any 2 broadway, any pair, suited Kings and Queens with low kickers. Versus that range I'm definitely calling with JJ.

Tournaments = fold.

Last edited:
L

luk0123

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Most of the Times I would just fold. Unless I don't trwat particular tournament seriously. Like playing satellite in the middle od preparing dinner. If I play just for fun and I don't know if I can finish the game I would go all in. It might give me the reason to rearrange my plans.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, in every case it's individually! Because this depends from many factors... Therefore my conclusion with JJ: fifty-fifty...

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Many people like to start a tournament, whether it's a big tournament or a spin&go with a pair, but what happens when this pair is a JJ and you're on the first hand on the button with JJ and your opponent sends All in on the first hand! pay thinking about winning the first hand and doubling or losing and exiting the tournament on the first hand! What is the most logical play?

As I only play freerolls, I'm definitely going to pay, at the beginning of the freerolls the guys go all-in with any crap, and if I leave I'm not losing anything.

Roobz75

Roobz75

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I'd probably take it easy until after the turn. If you run into another picture card, playing JJ too aggressively could mean goodnight Vienna for you!!....

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

Live I would run with JJ, online, I would play even with a 50% to 50% chance, on the off chance of being the first hand of the tournament, otherwise I would go all in both live and online, there's no fun in poker without you taking a risk

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
When you start a tournament, there's no reason to go all in so early, and expose in danger you hole presence in the game. But if the tournament is a very fast like a spingo you are ok with an all in with your JJ!

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands