JJ at the final table

yomarianob

yomarianob

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd go all in there with 99+, so Jacks is a perfect shove in my opinion. No doubt.

Y

YKCaiTLH1314

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3bet with 6BB.
If anyone came in behind you surely is another premium hand or at least AK, maybe they will even jam it in. You still have option to fold with 7 BB left.
If no one came in, MP1 shove , you should call. If he fold, you take pot. If he call, you get to see flop to decide on your remaining 7BB.

Anyway, limping in is definitely not an option. It's either 3bet 3x or jam it in.

Last edited:
U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

Your kind of short stacked and need chips. So its kind of a good idea to throw out probability and go all-in. You would like to factor have you hit trips in a while and has trips been in face cards in a while. But since your short stacked your probably hoping to fold the winner and double up.

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you have to be aggressive in this situation, even if you have a player with a much smaller chip.You cannot fold pocket JJ t for a base raise, just call is a very bad move. It's an easy push! What card does your opponent have? really anything.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with everyone who said shove! I know JJ has a bad rep, but truth is it's a great hand, especially heads up and if you get called, chances are it will only be by one player and if it's the player with 2 BB and you lose, that won't be a disaster. A raise to 2 BB is not showing any real strength, and you need to get aggressive with your good hands here while you still have fold equity. Chances are the player in mid position will fold and if he calls with something like AK or AQ or pocket 10's (and that's a tight range, some players will call with worse) you are in a really good position to double up and take a run at taking it down. Play to win! Pocket Jacks, Yeee HA!

RutgersOneTime

RutgersOneTime

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you have to push. the cylces could become short and you may not have a better opportunity. plus if you call and then fold on the flop you risk falling below 10 bbs with 1 cycle.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would usually do the push too but since there is a player with only 2BB I would only call if the flop does not benefit me, I get out of hand I would still have 10BB to keep trying and I will most likely win a little more money when the player with 2BB is out of the tournament

rayrc

rayrc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course there is nothing safe in poker, but with your JJ stack it is a very good hand to go all in.

rayrc

rayrc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
By the way, how the hand ended?

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I read somewhere that there is around a 50% chance that an Ace, King or Queen will flop, if one does flop what now? So I would shove pre-flop and hopefully win the blinds outright or limit the amount of players in the hand.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
JJ final table, take aaction..

A decent raise in position is one move. Others will see you are strong,some will fold. If they are AA KK or QQ strong, they may go all in on you. There is no shame in laying down JJ at that point.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is no point in having a flatting range from other seats than BB, when stacks are this short, and JJ is way to strong to fold. Easy jam.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if here you want to go further in the tournament, then here is only one plus option - that's all! the hand is pretty good for the final table. doesn't let you do something in a postflop game

ribaric

ribaric

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Call to see the flop and if flop comes Q K or A easy fold

G

gryphon3005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With 13 bb calling makes little sense here. Your only real options are shove or fold. You might consider folding if you were already one of the top two stacks where the big payouts are. Since that isn't the case here a shove is the best play.

S

Space635

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Increased BB 3 times, let's consecrate ourselves. :)

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would go all-in to double up the stack.

M

marvbake

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, what do you think a hero should do? What is the villain's hand?

Hero mp2 (13bb) JJ

hero push, villain call and show AQo

You only have 13 BBs with JJ. That's an automatic all in. You're too short to get away from it. If stacks were way deeper, different story, but that hands plays itself

V

vasilijskaidans

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
it is always push with such a small stack