I've stopped complaining

Jayplay916

Jayplay916

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have always tried to take poker playing seriously and my tournament play has been alot better as of late. I started complaing cause it seemed like online sites i played at I would lose on rivers all the time. Now I have stopped complaining about it because I now have been on the recieving end of those river beats but more importantly I been placing in the top ten alot due to slowing my play down and being a little more selective about when I pay to see a flop, when I pay to see the turn and folding more often on the turn so if you are experiancing river beats alot be more selective on how many times you pay to see a river card that breaks your heart

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Many people think that the software is manipulated, few think they made some mistake in the play, few think that the variance exists and as well as can play in your favor I can play against you, I like what you have written, for me that is talk about improvement in the game, keep it up friend

gabpoker

gabpoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great job in making adjustments to the game. Keep running it up!

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
very good, the best thing is to keep moving forward and learn from our mistakes, if it was by variance it just remains to accept it, keep positive and keep improving your game

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have always tried to take poker playing seriously and my tournament play has been alot better as of late. I started complaing cause it seemed like online sites i played at I would lose on rivers all the time. Now I have stopped complaining about it because I now have been on the recieving end of those river beats but more importantly I been placing in the top ten alot due to slowing my play down and being a little more selective about when I pay to see a flop, when I pay to see the turn and folding more often on the turn so if you are experiancing river beats alot be more selective on how many times you pay to see a river card that breaks your heart
game sure does change when you start making the right plays lol, thumbs up to a good post!
Many people think that the software is manipulated, few think they made some mistake in the play, few think that the variance exists and as well as can play in your favor I can play against you, I like what you have written, for me that is talk about improvement in the game, keep it up friend
+1 its only rigged against losers;)
Great job in making adjustments to the game. Keep running it up!
+1 learn and adjust...and don't let the bad beats affect your game!

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good for you - play well and don't sweat the results since they are out of your control. Nothing says you have to suffer from bad beats... they are just the cost of doing business.

Everyone takes bad beats... good players take more than bad players because they get their chips in ahead more often.

We all know people who always have a new bad beat story and want everyone to commiserate with them on their terrible luck. I don't think anyone likes those people.

Good luck!

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Its great to see that you have been improving and seeing the results.While software may not be perfect, its pretty darn good. I hear all the time from people who say the game is rigged. Then then show me a hand and when I point out the may have played the hand wrong they go into a rant about the site being rigged. You will find as you learn more about the game the bad beats do seem to come less often due to you correct play. Keep up the great work.

I

Ian mcdonough

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am one of these players who complain about river beats but have slowly started to accept it. I think if you do the right thing more often things will fall your way. I haven't always thought that way and have accused sites of being rigged etc in the past. Good post mate!

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
We all know people who always have a new bad beat story and want everyone to commiserate with them on their terrible luck. I don't think anyone likes those people.

Good luck!

While I would agree some people are annoying with all there bad beat stories I actually love running into these players when playing live. My poker coach once told me bad beat story's are free information and you should listen to them intently at the table.

Just picture a story like this. New guy sits at you table and tells his buddy his aces were beat by a donk with 73o. When it got to me I called and the donk checked his option. What you see already is he is not to aggressive and the donk he is tilted by has seen the flop for free and did not just play a junk hand. the flop was 753 rainbow and i threw about a big pot+ bet and the donk calls as did 2 of the 4 other limpers. So now we know he was in the SB, is he positional aware? You also know he is not aggressive for sure as there were 4 limpers in the pot before he just called with aces. At this point without playing one hand with this guy you have picked up valuable information. I wont go any farther into this but give it a try next time. You may pick up valuable information this way.

TheGiantAsian

TheGiantAsian

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Losing on the river is frustrating. When it is happening over and over in the most unlikely manner it can definitely feel like something more than variance is to blame. I like how you have made the conscious effort to change your reactions to getting unlucky. You're on the right track. Maybe take it a few steps back and change the actions that are leading you to so many of these nasty rivers in the first place?

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice going learning to let go of being upset by bad beats. It only makes you bitter to complain. Can't enjoy poker and be bitter at the same time.

F

fatshady21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As long as you dont let it get to you emotionally you will find ways to improve and win.