it's growing

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes the number of times I have been kicked out of a tourney while holding QQ is growing, I am up to 12 out of the last 40 tourneys where this same thing keeps happening
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/425384Yr0

yes you can tell me its variance but really it is the logarithms at work doing their best to cull the field...:):):)

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know the feeling. Happened to me yesterday. I don’t like the word variance because that implies that it shouldn’t be happening on a regular basis. Culling the field? Well that is the end result. Some days things seem to go according to Hoyle. Other days (most days) crazy stuff seems to be the norm.

Bottom line - KK beats QQ, and it’s not that unusual to have two or three decent pocket pairs in a hand. Now if he’d been holding 72o, that would be a different thing.

Last edited:
SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I don't know what to tell you; QQ can be a mighty tricky hand. I tend to get overconfident with it and got burned for that.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Some players believe in luck and try to attract it in every possible way. Others believe in math and keep on grinding endlessly. In fact, both amateurs and professionals speak different languages about the same thing - dispersion. The first rule of a successful poker player is to observe bankroll management. The bottom line is simple: a good player believes in his strength and his skill, takes into account the dispersion factor and continues to play poker, despite its influence.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes you can tell me its variance but really it is the logarithms at work doing their best to cull the field...:):):)

And why then could this not be achieved by letting people bust with other hands like AK, AQ, KK or 99? You are overthinking the situation and wasting your brainpower, when you choose to focus on something like this ;)