ITM?

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have noticed over the past few months that I am getting in the money quite often but then I have a lot of difficulty capitalizing.. I even get to the final table, down to last three and then fail..Is there a special strategy for playing the final table?, the last three? Help:):):)

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
practice,practice,practice. :) Playing heads up or three-handed is a different animal,,,if you want to close a tournament,you need to be stronger in these situations.Be aggressive,,,,

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to play in the spin go. Watch the stream of professionals. You can lose even if you do everything right. On the course, you will win.

O

Oldopoker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes its special to play final table . Best players can make good decisions when tournaments are deep and they Re stealing important chips which are making them wins . If you play too tight you will be blinded out . 3 handed and heads up are moat difficult for tournament player in my opinion. Train that in hu sng or spin a go!

S

stormyf

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The final table requires a much tighter but more aggressive game. Quick decisions, and unfortunately, luck is a must.

CAC1QU3

CAC1QU3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A good idea the bring the game on the next level would have been playing 9-max SNGs maybe. That one-table tourney have the same stages like normal tournaments. You'll have early and middle phase, but they pass more faster so that reach faster the bubble and when this is passed have a end-of-final-table-situation and you can practice your game with 3 players or heads-up.

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It is good you are cashing more. Pay attention to how others are playing and where you can improve.

C

Coinuss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I train skill for final table in S'n'G Head's up. I like spin and go too. I think it needs right moment for push and you can't win without bad beat.

G

gryllz_wins

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello CDNMAN!
Regarding your question it may be that you play really tight and won't take many risks when you are approaching itm, for fear of busting out. The goal should always be to get to the final table and aim for 1st place. I recommend watching some streams so you see how people approach tournament play. Good luck at the tables!

bablovod

bablovod

stupid parody of the game
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
heads up is a difficult business. but it is much more difficult to get to the final table.

L

ledris

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The way I deal with the final table is to try to keep myself in the highest possible position. So its a phase of the tournament that I play even more tightly and more with the position and the players than with my cards.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Play sit and go's to get used to playing final tables. I did that for a month nd then found my win rate in tournament were much better.

stylebender72

stylebender72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you re just soft its okay you will learn eventually

_xgeb_

_xgeb_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
The problem is that many very conservative players want to get a slightly better prize, but the blinds end up killing them. My advice, open the ranges a little more and be aggressive.