Is it possible to play tournaments with different formats at the same time?

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it possible to play tournaments with different formats at the same time?
How to reconcile and play at the same time with different tournament formats. Example: zoom, turbo, hyper turbo 3max, or even other poker modalities like omaha, stud, among others.
Is it possible, in the same session, to play effectively different formats and poker modes?
Anyone here make this mix?

darthjewel

darthjewel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is possible but not very practical. Usually a tournament lasts some 2-3 hours during which you need to be focused all the time. Also they start at different times,
which makes is more challenging to organize.
Instead of the tournaments you could play few cash games at the same time that should be more profitable.

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I mix different types of NLHE tournaments—from SNGs to MTTs with a lot of MTTSNGs in there as well. It’s certainly very doable—you just have to constantly be in the habit of checking the format so as to avoid a costly ICM mistake :)

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think if you gotta ask then No
I asked to know if anyone can do this.
In fact, I play a lot of freerolls, and every day I have tournaments with different formats going on at the same time and, as I like to make the most of freerolls, I would love to play them, but on that occasion the quality of your game decreases
I managed to get to ITM once in two different formatted tournaments (omaha, texas holden hyperturbo 3max) by playing them at the same time.
Maybe there's some hint, so I ask.

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is possible but not very practical. Usually a tournament lasts some 2-3 hours during which you need to be focused all the time. Also they start at different times,
which makes is more challenging to organize.
Instead of the tournaments you could play few cash games at the same time that should be more profitable.
True, that requires a lot of our concentration.
But I think it's a bit risky to do this in cash games, because it's direct money to play

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mix different types of NLHE tournaments—from SNGs to MTTs with a lot of MTTSNGs in there as well. It’s certainly very doable—you just have to constantly be in the habit of checking the format so as to avoid a costly ICM mistake :)
A yes, I also like to mix some NLHE types between MTSs and sit & go, although they are the same type of poker, they are also different ways to play
Thanks Katie [emoji1]

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes you can. But it takes a lot of practice to play different forms of poker at the same time.
I would like to play holdem and omaha at the same time, but I'm lacking practice in Omaha, so for now I do not mix poker games.
Greetings.

S

Schrubbler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are the type of player for it... Its hard for sure but i think its possibble if you have enough experience ^^

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes you can. But it takes a lot of practice to play different forms of poker at the same time.
I would like to play holdem and omaha at the same time, but I'm lacking practice in Omaha, so for now I do not mix poker games.
Greetings.
[emoji106][emoji106]Greetings

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Yes you can but if for example you can play effectively 6 full ring tournaments and you open a 6max , at least for me , it requires more concentration because 6max has more action simply because you will get involved in pots more often!

S

sheltowee420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is ok to play multiple games, but you can miss some of the moves by others players, because of the distraction factor.

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think it's fine to Play different Formats (Turbo, hyper Turbo, regular) and also different table sizes (6max, 8max, full), but playing different types (NL, FL, Omaha, Stud,...) requires a lot of experience and skill. it is definitely possible, but not recommended for Beginners.
i think switching from 6max to full ring is also harder than most would consider

I

Igrok1385385

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play in several formats. Ideally two games on the table, then I focus more on strategy. And when I play on the same table is stuck with the desire to win and make tactical errors.

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play in several formats. Ideally two games on the table, then I focus more on strategy. And when I play on the same table is stuck with the desire to win and make tactical errors.
hahaha also have this problem, man
I feel more comfortable playing in two as well.
When playing in one I have difficulties to stay focused

I also

A

AngelBLR_Poker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Perhaps, but in the long run you'll be in the red, as you will often make wrong decisions.