Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Then perhaps you should do so. I actually enjoy logging 50+ hours of sngs in a single week. You gotta keep yourself motivated. Personally, I do so with upbeat music, regular thread posting on here, analyzing my play, and an overall optimistic and confident mentality. I'm right smack in the middle of a semester of college, so I'm not playing too much right now, but I look foward to devoting most of my time to sngs & blow from May-August :D

Don't forget the blow

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm guessing by your comments Tom you want to know if you can possibly give up your job and do it?:p

Answer is yes imo you can. If you put in a lot of volume and by volume I'm talking 1000 tournaments a week which is easily possible if you grind out say roughly 150 a day and hit 10% ROI consistently then yeah. Even then though you would only be earning $3000 per month. With bonuses etc that could hit maybe $4000 a month, which is like what £2,500 which is enough to live of per month depending on your expenses in the UK.

Of course that is maintaining a %10 ROI and my bonus estimates might be off.

If you put in even more volvume which could lead to bad results you could play maybe 200-300 per day, roughly 9000 a month but thats sick amount.

I know a grinder who plays lower limits and it is the MTT SnG's and turns over a very nice profit. He plays around 3000-3800 per month $2.10 180 man's and $3.30 Rebuy 180's exclusively and is turning over currently around $10,000 in profit monthly not including bonuses so of course it's possible it's just weather you have the skills to do it and grinding mind to do it everyday of the year.

Last three months he's made around $45,000 just by playing these at high volume which is indeed a very good wage if he can keep it up on a monthly basis. Probarly would be nearing £100,000 a year, a doctors wage playing micro buy-in stakes, how sick is that?lol

This almost sounds impossable and will be impossable to keep up in the long run.

I think its safe to say that many mass multi tablers somewhere down the line head for tryng to hit some form of supernova and in some cases elite. To become a "pro" will be lots of hard slog in the lower stakes learning how to beat a game. Even the micros nowdays seem to be full of players who are mass tabling who are putting the work in reviewing HHs, learning ranges and HUD use. You really need to be prepared to work hard and to have a bit of money behind you for the enivitable downswing.

Last edited:
A

Aldito

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know a grinder who plays lower limits and it is the MTT SnG's and turns over a very nice profit. He plays around 3000-3800 per month $2.10 180 man's and $3.30 Rebuy 180's exclusively and is turning over currently around $10,000 in profit monthly not including bonuses so of course it's possible it's just weather you have the skills to do it and grinding mind to do it everyday of the year.

That's ~100% ROI, obv. not sustainable. The variance in 180 man rebuys is insane.

I do believe you can make a decent wage if you really put in the volume, don't tilt, and can play for hours on end every day without it affecting your game. Do you have any garphs for that dude btw? Would really like to see them.