It the best online Bluff I've seen in a long time.

blkmoney12

blkmoney12

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yesterday on the second day of the Sunday millions tournament. Perhaps I saw one of the top online bluffs I've ever seen in an online tournament I have the video of it from the poker store Sunday million tournament that was just completed yesterday. I want to know would you have folded the hand in question let me know what do u think?
The hand starts at 2 hours 13 minutes and 27 seconds.

M

masa11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yesterday on the second day of the Sunday millions tournament. Perhaps I saw one of the top online bluffs I've ever seen in an online tournament I have the video of it from the poker store Sunday million tournament that was just completed yesterday. I want to know would you have folded the hand in question let me know what do u think? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtrky18V-JQ The hand starts at 2 hours 13 minutes and 27 seconds.
And you are bluffing it ???? Yes, I really have a feeling that there are weak players sitting here, playing especially check after the turn

M

masa11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I reviewed this moment many times, but I still did not understand why he played like that with full chaos, he just raised the panic, that's all, this is not a bluff, a good one, it is a weak aponent.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, the player with J9 got outplayed quite a bit in this hand. It reminds me of a famous hand, where Tony G got coolered by Vanessa Rousso. The hand is blind vs. blind, and after opening 65o from SB Tony is egging Vanessa to raise saying "if you raise it up, you build a big pot, and then you can get bluffed out of a big pot later".

And in my opinion this is exactly, what happened here. Rather than simply leading the turn, after the flop went check-check, BB decided to go for some fancy check-raise with his small boat. On the river he obviously had to go for value again, but when he then got jammed on for his tournament life, he went "of f..... this is not, what I was looking for", and then he bailed out.

If the fold was good from a GTO point of view depends on, how BB construct his turn check-raising range. But to me it seem reasonable to assume, it also contains 99 and KT for value as well as some bluffs, and in that case J9 is way to high in his range to bet-fold on the river. Bet-folding J9 basically mean, he only gets to showdown with 1 combos of the royal flush, 3 combos of QJ and maybe 3 combos of AJ, if these also played for a check-raise on the turn.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's funny if each of the players suggested having a KT hand. A bet of 80% of the pot looks good on the river, but there is a major rule that I read about in a book a long time ago. No need to make big bets on the river if you are not ready to call. Perhaps I would fold with a straight on such a board.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In such a significant tournament, of course, I thought many times how to answer. But I'm more inclined to call than fold. The likelihood that the opponent also collected a full house from QJ or Flush Royal is small. I would only call because the stack is small. He still pushed all-in on the next hand.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The likelihood that the opponent also collected a full house from QJ or Flush Royal is small.

The UTG raiser can also have AA, QQ or AJ, so this is actually a somewhat tough spot for J9. But as others have said already, he probably should not build such a large pot, if he is unwilling to put in the rest when raised.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the BB is targeting a very narrow value range in V. Specifically to 3 combos: QQ and 3 combos: AA. Also the villain could have 6 more value combos, with: AJ and QJ. But they are really less likely, since hero blocks those hands. However, hero does not block the most important bluff range, which for this texture contains: Kh and Th, representing the best possible hand. The BB needs to think that if there is a bluff combination in range V (ex: AKo) the call of river will be the balance. On the other hand, the bet sizes that BB chooses are too large. When BB decides to raise OTT, he could do so with draws like: 9T and some strong values like: T8o that were called from preflop. That should be his fold equity range and not the top of his range as it happened here. Being objective, it seems like a terrible fold to me at this level, and possibly very exploitable in the long run.
Greetings.

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The world where I would fold this hand at the river like he did does not exist.
Especially at the late stage of a tournament.
Moreover the opponent raised too high at the river as if he was trying to make the other player fold, and not as if he wanted to be called.
So I never would fold this hand at the river... but maybe I would not have played the hand from the beginning.

M

masa11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here, no matter how you look, it was necessary to call, like it or not, but losing a royal flush is not so offensive, so it is definitely not easy to fold

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You must agree with me, that hand was chaotic, the story telling of a child high on maple syrup trying to convince you that the tooth fairy stole his homeworkl unless he drink the whole bottle he will not retrieve his Poney from Fat Tony, who happens to be threatening of suffocating Joey Wheeler Golden fish because he played Rummy against Genkhis Khan and lost two golden retrievers that belonged to Samuel L. Jackson that remind the latter of the time he spent dating Allah.
If I was the Villain, I would do the exact same thing. Im UTG so that flop is in my range, QJ/AJ/AK/QQ are in my range.
If BB raised small at the river I'd fold, no question asked, but the thing is that he seemed as if he was bluffing or had a weak flush, holding the second nut flush draw card I'd jam because the BB was too passive with his J9. Raising the flop would've shown strenght, for me this would be an easy three barrels......

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yesterday on the second day of the Sunday millions tournament. Perhaps I saw one of the top online bluffs I've ever seen in an online tournament I have the video of it from the poker store Sunday million tournament that was just completed yesterday. I want to know would you have folded the hand in question let me know what do u think? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtrky18V-JQ The hand starts at 2 hours 13 minutes and 27 seconds.
Okay what? He bet 60% of his remaining stack on a turn, he is absolutely commited here, and you are bluffing like that? Hoping hes gonna fold? What. A. Horrible. Bluff. And even more horrible fold. I dont know what was going on there.
:eek::eek::eek:

D

dannyboy330

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Okay what? He bet 60% of his remaining stack on a turn, he is absolutely commited here, and you are bluffing like that? Hoping hes gonna fold? What. A. Horrible. Bluff. And even more horrible fold. I dont know what was going on there.
:eek::eek::eek:
I think he thought he was golden. He had two pair and hit the full house, but other player beat him on the river

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, and the guy with full house? If deep down in your heart you are scared as krap, why do you bet so high. Not make any sense whatsoever. It almost looks like the guy is turning his full house into a bluff at this point.
Well James reaction prety much sums up the hand.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think here the player was afraid of a full older than him.And he himself got into such a situation that he played such a hand at such a stage of the tournament.We all make mistakes and many of us lack experience in such actions.Of course, I would have called his bet-but in my situation, I would have been eliminated from the tournament, which most often happens).

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyway, guy just probably haven't been this far into such tournaments before, he just got nervous and confused and folded. No shame in folding. But the bluff was horrible.
Guy just bets 60 percent after flush hit the river, and you want him to fold, yes, great.
Guy that bluffed probably never been this deep as well. He probably decided to bluff the river early in the hand, but when opponent bet 60% of his stack he did not rethink his decision and just ... Well you know what happened then :)

Last edited:
L

liviuplayspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would never NEVER folded the full, i could be a super dubby idiot but i cant unterstand that hes folded the full, for me its unbelivable :confused:

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would never NEVER folded the full, i could be a super dubby idiot but i cant unterstand that hes folded the full, for me its unbelivable :confused:
Nah folding a low full house is fine in general. But in this particular hand first of all it was heads up, making it less likely that your opponent have you beat, and also by the river pot was 2 times bigger then he had left in his stack, so he was commited to the pot. And he was playing whole hand agressively, put like 80 percent of his stack in the middle, but then folded. If they were deeper and he raised the river a pot size or more, that would be different story.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, the player with J9 got outplayed quite a bit in this hand. It reminds me of a famous hand, where Tony G got coolered by Vanessa Rousso. The hand is blind vs. blind, and after opening 65o from SB Tony is egging Vanessa to raise saying "if you raise it up, you build a big pot, and then you can get bluffed out of a big pot later".

And in my opinion this is exactly, what happened here. Rather than simply leading the turn, after the flop went check-check, BB decided to go for some fancy check-raise with his small boat. On the river he obviously had to go for value again, but when he then got jammed on for his tournament life, he went "of f..... this is not, what I was looking for", and then he bailed out.

If the fold was good from a GTO point of view depends on, how BB construct his turn check-raising range. But to me it seem reasonable to assume, it also contains 99 and KT for value as well as some bluffs, and in that case J9 is way to high in his range to bet-fold on the river. Bet-folding J9 basically mean, he only gets to showdown with 1 combos of the royal flush, 3 combos of QJ and maybe 3 combos of AJ, if these also played for a check-raise on the turn.
From a GTO perspective *cough
I make great folds but when I do I'm right not scared

The only way I could do that is if I put my opponent on QQ or AA
which is IMPOSSIBLE
AA vsQQ vs j9 flop QJJ
on that flop it is WET and you can get VALUE from a big range of hands
AA or QQ not c-betting in position is unreasonable at any decent stake
So this wasnt GTO folding..

Now from the bluff GTO opponents view with kq raising and getting called by the button
jjq flops a pair of queens and assumes opponent has nothing mabey a 10 q with a weaker kicker ,small pair,109.
Most likely doesnt have ANYTHING only 2 jjs in the deck
and I need chips
.but my opponent is tight so imma let another card fall and let him get another chance to bluff me most likely does not have a J
turn comes a 9 only k10 scares us but we have a k in our hand as a blocker
he checks and I am DONE checking lets bet.
I get reraised on the turn
If I feel like he thinks im a bluffer or can be bluffed because my vpip aggr cbet and stuff is far right
then I'm gonna float it with a call and let him shove the river hopefully because im full of sh^t in his mind
He makes a classic weak bet on the river after taking forever with the clock
Yeah IM ALL IN
thiink of the fold equity I get against my opponent having made the straight or had j8!!!! BOOOM

Bro I do this ALL THE TIME
j9 was a PRO player that made ranges but didnt construct the would my opponent check AA QQ pn this flop and made a bad fold, bad judgment ,bad checks to opponents flop and his range .
I'd do that river shove EVERYTIME with my entire range against that opponent
Get 10 Hungry sharks together alone forever
And someones going to be fish food

a710e0b9062a4bed96f6f3aefdf1b420.png

Kompany

Kompany

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would not have folded, not because of any strategic imperative, only because I know too little and play too badly to ever give up a boat like that.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In my understanding, making a fold in such a situation is a mistake !!! Maybe he accidentally pressed the wrong button !!!

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its a really, really interesting one.

I overthought from makemevision's perspective, and that was an insanely great reading and such a brave move.

He obviously blocked a Queen, and on turn he could see that he is faced with at least a set. (a big maybe for J9 but didn't see JQ in opps hand)

But as river brought an ace, he could now pretend that he had QQ, AA, JQ, JA, K10s. So 5 possible outs for him.
Porbably that 3M raise had a voice that please fold or call to me, that all-in was show way more power that dedeflorida1 was prepared for, because if you see back the action, from the bet-sizings he was not supposed to fold this hand.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think dedeflorida1 played very insecure and overly cautious... It is wrong to check on the flop when you are playing against the 2 leader of the table and he raises with UTG... dedeflorida1 gets trips, but on the table (flop) a very dangerous situation for him... not a big pot for both players, the continuation rate must be, especially on the final table..

The turn - dadeflorida1, must close with a very large bet or all-in game and take a very good pot.. dedeflorida1 was very lucky that he was able to win - all in, next hand, otherwise I think after the game he would have been very angry how he played this hand....

When the opponent has placed a very large re-raise, he does not lose anything, because his bank has a big advantage over dedeflorida1 and if the bluff does not pass, he has a bank close to the 3rd place, but if the bluff turns out, he will win very much...
So, I can understand the risk re-raise game... A very good game, and a very bad game for dedeflorida1, who wanted to get a lot, but in the end lost a lot... but he stayed in the game, and I think that's the main thing for him....

B

Badday94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you for posting this. I didn't know there was a comentary for the sunday million with the cards shown, it's amazing. Like they said at some point in the comentary, there are those hands when you think how did he fold, why is he playing so tight etc and they also said that the ones who do, often get to the last few in the tournament. The guy who folded here finished 5th or 6th, so that tells you something. Some of you said even if it's possible the other guy had a better full house, you can't fold this. Well then you go home 15th, the other guy easily could have had queens full. Very hard to fold such a hand, as all you think about is that I'm left with 5 million and I could have had 16 million. But discipline pays off in the long run :)

AQA272

AQA272

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't imagine how you can fold out full house in such a situation....the explanation concluded mouse glued accidentally clicked fold button