It is A2 utg(8bb left) a standard all in?

StArDemonn

StArDemonn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
8 players at the table ,no close to money,8 BB left,blinds at up the very next hand ,Big Blind had 15 BB left,is this a fold or all in,it seems like when you get call is for sure bye bye torunament,but it is recommended to shove there?

V

Veritas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
6max or full ring?
suited or offsuited?

A2o is a fold for both
you can shove A2s 6max, but i would fold it full ring

StArDemonn

StArDemonn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of suited,full ring but at the table were only 8 players..

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No that wouldn’t be a standard shove with 8bbs, as it would be -EV to shove A2o UTG 8-handed. Hope this helps [emoji4]

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Need more information. What position are you in ? What was the action before you ? In general, I don't like pushing weak Ax hands from earlier positions because if I get called, it's very often by a stronger hand like AT+. From early position, I prefer to push hands that aren't likely to be dominated if they get called like 98s. From LP, I'll consider pushing A2o since it's less likely that there is a dominating hand behind me.

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, not from UTG. A small all-in shove is likely to get called by almost any Ace, any pair any broadway, any SC's etc., especially if antes are on, and weak aces are too easily dominated. I'd actually prefer 72 to A2. At least there you're likely to have 2 live cards. Bombs away in late position.