Influenced

C

casique31

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The question is whether the previous hands or how the tournament has been developing is a source of information for the hand that one is about to play.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Undoubtedly, this is the most important thing that can affect the entire tournament because during the game you see what people are with you at the table and how they play and you can play accordingly, whether it's flying here or more aggressively or maybe it's even time to bluff.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The question is whether the previous hands or how the tournament has been developing is a source of information for the hand that one is about to play.

Without a doubt, yes. Everything you can analyze and draw conclusions is an important source of information and a basis for further decisions.

C

CSLysander

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Watching the entire game will allow you to find out if someone is big on bluffing or is a more solid player. I have seen players get aggressive and start getting smacked around when others learn their habits. Tight players have people leaving them alone when they get aggressive. Lower stakes have few people paying attention, though.

M

MakTrue

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Good day!
Of course!!!!!!!
You are playing up distance, experience. After a certain distance, some actions are performed automatically, you will play some hands more correctly than you did before.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Exactly - you don't see it all the time, but some players wear their "style" on their sleeves. It's super easy to use that info to your advantage, especially if their current play doesn't match what your HUD seems to be suggesting.

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with the others that said previous hands certainly effect the action! Just also keep in mind that people can react to the same situation in many different ways and to not make the mistake of thinking it will effect people’s play in the same way a given situation would effect your own.

killing_random

killing_random

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, unless you won't let anybody to see your hand at showdown other then with nuts.

It can provide a quite strong psychological pressure ;)

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Of course. Many times you have to take into account the way your opponents play, such as whether they play many hands or the position at the table. This will give you an idea of ​​how the rivals play

gaarsiass

gaarsiass

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PL
Chips
Analysis and drawing conclusions is needed and it will definitely improve our game. It must be remembered, however, that people are not machines and even to the same situation on the table that they may react in a different way before, you also have to be ready for it.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
Previous hands are always a valuable source of information, but decisions need to be made taking into account many other factors as well. Previous hands are a source of information but this is not crucial data for a final decision.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everything that happens at the table during a tournament will undoubtedly become informatively useful in the future. You can even make notes about the players with whom you sat at the same table.

S

sibird

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In previous hand you got KQ but failed to connect with flop. And you lost.
Present hand you again got KQ. Thoughts will pass in your mind that in previous hand you missed the flop but this time you won't. Repeatedly you can't miss flop with KQ in a row. Such type of thoughts my influence your game.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The source of information for how to play a hand can only be collected information about how your opponents play and that's it. Only this information can help you play correctly and get chips if you were lucky). How the tournament goes on doesn't matter to you and doesn't give you any information*.

*only if you have a medium or high pot and you do not have any restrictions for the bet.

Carefully study the table, opponents and how the game is going - this is the most important thing when you see your new cards ;)

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When a guy opens 5x from EP and you are lucky enough to see the outcome - the guy turns over KKs. The next time the guy opens 5x - you can be sure he is playing a strong premium hand, or at worst A/K. :)

I got stacked by a gent this way - he opens 4x utg - I passed - but saw outcome - he hand KKs. Very next hand I'm dealt QQs - and he opens again to 4x - surely he doesn't have KK again....
Yep he did - back to back KKs - luckbox! :)

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Regarding opponents play style and such - yes.
Regarding cards - how RNG deals and such - absolutely 100% no.

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The previous play that you've seen in a tournament should certainly influence your future play. You should constantly be observing the action and noting things like a player's calling. raising and shoving ranges. You should be observing player's tendency to bluff, or if they play a hand differently when they have from the way they play it when they don't. I've noticed such things as players that have a tendency to bet bigger with nothing, hoping to get a fold, and betting less with big hands to try to keep their opponent in the hand and calling.

The most basic decisions we are constantly making are whether to call, raise or fold. And each time those decisions should be based not only on our own cards, but also the play we've seen from our opponents. If I've seen a player constantly and repeatedly check/calling the flop and turn before suddenly shoving on the river, I'm more likely to suspect him of bluffing and therefore less likely to fold a solid hand to him when I see the same play from him in the future. It's also important to keep in mind that really good players are capable of switching up their play to keep you guessing.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, the history of the tournament, its hands, can be important in some moments.
When I play in a tournament and when there is a difficult hand with a difficult decision, then I start to remember how my opponent played an hour or two hours ago, his past hands, and it really helps.

pribalt49

pribalt49

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Under the influence of a certain person, I started playing poker, this is my friend who offered me this game 15 years ago, I am grateful to him for that.

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, they do. And past hands played by your opponents and the stage of the tournament: proximity to the bubble, the level of blinds, features of prize payments. All this you must take into account and adapt your game to advance to the final table.

deputat777

deputat777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, in order to improve your game, you need to analyze your past hands.

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Very simply, since poker is a game of incomplete information, any information gained is definitely an advantage. If you were sitting at the table staring at your phone, you will miss important parts of the tournament.