In an R/A MTT, do you sit down with 2 buy-ins or just 1?

R

RedMatrix

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did you know you can buy-in two times at once, in a rebuy/addon (R/A) game?

Would you rather sit down with one buy-in, and keep rebuying at 1x every time you get stacked, or would you rather buy in double, and sit down with double stack, and only rebuy in 2x increments?

Personally, I like to sit down with double stack and try to use deep-poker rules to help me call/raise more often, and bigger amounts.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Did you know you can buy-in two times at once, in a rebuy/addon (R/A) game?

Would you rather sit down with one buy-in, and keep rebuying at 1x every time you get stacked, or would you rather buy in double, and sit down with double stack, and only rebuy in 2x increments?

Personally, I like to sit down with double stack and try to use deep-poker rules to help me call/raise more often, and bigger amounts.
put 3 BI on the rebuy (in case of accident, 1 rebuy until the average stack is double, and 1 addon if my stack does not exceed double the average after the general addon). Yes, when the end of rebuys is approaching, with a stack lower than that given on the BI, you have to be manic yourself in order to have time to increase or make a rebuy. And understand that all stacks below the buy also play a pushfold. buying is always worth 2 buy-ins at the beginning of the tournament. this gives more chances to double the stack

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When playing tournaments like this, I prefer to make one entry and apply the mathematical expectation to reduce the variance, instead of wasting my bankroll.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I typically dont rebuy, unless my stack get short, or there are some huge fish on the tables, which I like to be able to win as many chips as possible from. In general the goal in R+A tournaments is to buy your chips as cheaply as possible, which mean always purchasing the add-on but not rebuying to much.

R

RedMatrix

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
...buying is always worth 2 buy-ins at the beginning of the tournament. this gives more chances to double the stack

Yes, especially if you go all in with someone who also has double stack!