Improving Tourney Play

HitCo33

HitCo33

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have just gotten back to playing online since COVID has forced the poker rooms near me to close. I play the SB .05/.10 cash games regularly and have recently been working on my tournament play. Using a lot of tips from the 30-day course here on CC. As a result, I cashed twice yesterday! One win was a ticket to a bigger tourney and the other was just in the money placing 97 out of 450. Not a Great finish but definitely Improved!!
I will be trying my hand at the CC freerolls and appreciate the members only environment where the players are more solid and the field is smaller and more realistic.

How are you guys doing out there?

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have just gotten back to playing online since COVID has forced the poker rooms near me to close. I play the SB .05/.10 cash games regularly and have recently been working on my tournament play. Using a lot of tips from the 30-day course here on CC. As a result, I cashed twice yesterday! One win was a ticket to a bigger tourney and the other was just in the money placing 97 out of 450. Not a Great finish but definitely Improved!!
I will be trying my hand at the CC freerolls and appreciate the members only environment where the players are more solid and the field is smaller and more realistic.

How are you guys doing out there?

Thank U 4 Posting

Glad you are learning from the forums. The freerolls are great here but you should know there is still a wide range of skills and player types that play so while some players are solid not all are.

You will continue to see 80bb opens as well as any ace calls and fewer any pair on the flop folds.
bluffing is possible but do not expect any top pair to let it go consistently, instead they will usually shove over your cbets
The game plays very short stacked ITM so it is great to practice that type of sub 10bb average stack -35 players left type of poker.

Hope this helps
:elefant:

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey,

About the improving of the tournament play I can suggest you the things I follow when I play MTTs. Usually, I am trying to control the situation of the the table from the very beginning and to get more and more chips from the others and to play more comfortable and with some medium hands.

If it is a turbo or hyper-turbo MTT, you have to be very aggressive from the start because the blinds will punish you very badly. If you are playing with big blinds, you have to be prepared for slow plays and that the fact the players there are playing more tight. Here, you should be very patient, because the tournament is usually slower than the others and if you wanna go to the crucial phases of it, you have to play a lot of hours.

Also, you can try to play very various your hands. Use different tactics - raising, limping, re-raises or all -in , because of the many hands you are playing your style of play will be known from the others and you have to change it, if you are playing at the same way.