Improve tournament game

M

MimiMLZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Greetings fellow pokerplayers,

I would like to improve my tournament game. Could you guys give me some pieces of advice on how to build up a good stack at early and middle stages?

Thank you fellow pokerplayers!

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best advice is to do the 30 day course here presented by Colin and Katie. Lots of great info on how to play and win at poker. I’m sure there are many more such free courses around as well. There’s no quick answer here.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

I would like to improve my tournament game. Could you guys give me some pieces of advice on how to build up a good stack at early and middle stages?

Hello.
If you really want to improve your skills, I recommend you take our free course. This is a quick and effective way to improve your game.
https://www.cardschat.com/become-a-winning-poker-player/

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

I would say about the course, but Lea already did.
Try to play a little bit more loose at the beggining, when u have a large stack in BBs.

Jason Bralli

Jason Bralli

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

first, study hard and always!

after, my advice is to play "tight" in the early stages.

you don't win a tournament in the early stages, but you can lose in the early stages.

GL ;)

M

MimiMLZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very good piece of advice

Hi,

Oh yeah, I will take into account your piece of advice, it seems to be a good one. I will work hard on my game in order to get faster results. I am already playing tight at early stages, selecting my hand very carefully preflop. I guess, I still have to improve my post flop game.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the game, everything depends on your skill.Giving advice can be harmful-because each player is different.I think that you already know a lot, but you are cunning-you want to learn tricks that are not yet known to everyone.Feel the game-if it gives you emotions, then you will understand everything yourself.Read more books and solve puzzles-this develops thinking-which will lead to results.At an early stage, play the top hand on the middle one, connect the same-sized connectors-everyone knows this advice and it will help you I do not know.Try to find something new before your brain is consumed by bad thoughts).

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

At the very beginning of the tournament, we raise to 4 BBs because many players (especially at low limits) do not pay attention to the size of the raise in the big blinds. They just look - a lot or not. Because At the beginning of the tournament, the blinds are small, and the size of your raises will not impress anyone. Therefore, you need to raise at least 4 BBs, and if the table is more loose than tight, then all 5 BBs. Further, the sizes of the stacks are reduced, and there is no longer a need for such large raises. At the same time, we risk less in the hand if we raise less. This is especially true for raises with mediocre hands in late position - you just have to fold them to the call back.If someone has already limped into the pot before you (just called), then add 1 big blind for each limper to your raise. If you are going to reraise, then raise by 3 times the size of the original raise. If there were callers after the first raiser, then add one size of the initial raise for each caller. If the situation forces you to put more than half of your chips into the pot, go all-in right away.

M

MimiMLZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Okey I get it. At least, I have to try to understand how the majority of players play their hands and make the difference by learning through books and tutorials. Thank God, there is Cardschat. I can start my journey of learning here.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The early stage is great for a wider game, don't be afraid to expand your range, the blinds are very good at allow this *(but play cards 28 or 39 it's not the best solution)), carefully study your opponents on the table. Do not rush to throw all in, play gradually and very carefully. I think, good tip when you see all 5 cards on the table and assess the situation on the river. Do not be afraid and do not forget to sometimes press the fold button this can be useful, especially at the beginning of the tournament :)

The middle stage, of course, is more calm, but it is necessary to show aggression, you can not completely go into a passive game, the blinds will kill you and there will be no hope for prizes. You must understand, that you needs keep your bank at an average level in order to compete for awards and, if possible, think about improving for the final stage ;)

I think, you can talk about many more options, but these are the first ones that came to mind right away )) Good luck ;)

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1st you have to study a lot, watch some videos and of course play a lot and see what is best fit for you

Top 10 Games