The importance of reasoning

cese1962

cese1962

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Each time more that I was evolving I realized that to be successful it is necessary at least to have a basic notion of how the game works and what are the necessary conditions to make strategic decisions.

I started to see that to reach the level of a good player you must study and evolve with the theory discovering methods for your reasoning.
That way your hand analysis will be much more mature before making a move. As well as it is also necessary to anticipate the movements and observe the behavior of your opponents.
Even if it is in an Online game, you can take advantage of histories and understand the attitudes of your opponents.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Well said. I believe many people dont reason out what to do in a hand or are playing so many tables they just are on automatic.

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think taking notes on your opponents is underestimated. First of all, it should be noted that Notes in MTTs are more important than other forms of poker. In MTTs, the player fields are so huge that you Don't play against the same regs often enough to be able to memorize their style of play. Most of the time, you only have a vague idea of ​​their game. But it is important to know if your opponent often folds after the flop if he hasn't hit anything. Then you should attach C-bets. Or with which hand range your opponent open raised in which position. This allows you to assess whether you can make a resteal with your hand. Can your opponent even 3-bet fold or does he often 4-bet? This is why notes are so important.

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The reasoning is very different whether its live poker, online poker where HUDS an tracking are not allowed, and site with HUDS that tell you stats.

Live poker there may be tell if a player hits a flop versus no hitting the flop. You can memorize notes or write them down when not playing a hand.

Online without a hud you notice how often he folds to a continuation bet and take notes. Hard to do when multi tabling

With a HUD it tells you his fold to continuation bet percent.

Same for other player tendencies. Different mode of reasoning for each and its very important.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I agree with what you say, when I started in poker I only knew what the plays were, I did not know about strategies, theories, etc, over time my friends tell me hey you should study and so you can improve your game, I have a lot of time to I do not study about poker, but my friends give me their advice and explain many things that I often put into practice, although when I read about theories, strategies, I feel that I put aside my intuition and I feel insecure when I play, it is complicated for me , but I try to learn and improve whenever I can