If you average placing in the top 10-15% in MTTs ?

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. I have often wondered how well a person could do if online, they average placing in the top 15% and try a live, say $50k tournament? Any ideas on that?

shinmenkami

shinmenkami

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I read here before that a successfull player bursts the bubble 15-20% of the time.
If your bankroll can afford 5 runs on that tournament with 90% of it left i would say go for it.

H

Houdini9

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my experience, making the money does not pay the bills. In a $5K or $50k tourney the goal should be FT and then Top 3 and Win. Your level of competition at the Final Table will be much tighter and tougher to crack than the rest of the crowd, but percentages are useless due to the amount of luck needed to win as well. Just remember, in order to FT and win, you have to win your races. Put yourself in position to FT and hope for good luck.

GL GL,

HOUDINI9

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A live $50k tournament will be tougher than most online tournaments, but if your most common result playing online was to beat 85% of the field, I think you would do pretty well in almost any game.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello. I have often wondered how well a person could do if online, they average placing in the top 15% and try a live, say $50k tournament? Any ideas on that?
in fact, this is a pretty good indicator, but in the event that 15% is in 1000+ such tournaments. and not one. in one such indicator does not mean absolutely nothing. so you still have everything ahead. play the distance and share your successes)

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I want to thank you folks for your responses. Very soon I plan to get into one of the $160 tournaments at Hard Rock. I do have the bankroll*3, if needed. Even 5. I am anxious to make that try. Thanks once again. I will keep you folks updated.
Cheers!

Last edited:
C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

If you are consistently in the top 15%in online Mtts, I would definetly try a 50k live tourney.
I prefer live anyway, much easier to size up the players at your table. Plus detect tells. But be prepared for a very different tipe off game. Good luck.

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Never seen anybody with an 85% beaten field.....60% is already great. if you really meant that, don't go to play live, stuck in what you play right now, that makes huge +++ in the long run - even i am almost sure it is impossible.