Icm spot on final table

Z

zigr

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys, i have a question about a spot which was on a final table of a small tournament.

Chip leader with 280k opens from utg 14k. Button with 79k folds. Sb with 66k folds. I was on big blind with 89k and pocket sixes and i jammed.

Question is if this is shove was ok or if it is just terrible because of icm.

He was playing aggressive, opening wide like chipleader should. So i decided to shove and take this pot just pre flop. But i get snapped by AQ and busted on AA954.

Is a right play to just defend and on this flop ch/fold because of the payjumps or is shove fine?

If the difference between the stack sizes of second, third and fourth place where bigger i would definitely just defend and ch/fold. But if the stack sizes are similar can i shove?

Payouts where 1) 840$ 2) 560$ 3) 340$ 266$.

Thanks for every respond or advice.

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

The under the gun raise is a big warning sign. I would have called , waited for the fop and then played accordingly. Remember , at a final table, each position further up is more money. If you flop the set you can wipe out one or 2 players. If not you can still win by good play.

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What were the blinds at this point in time? I'm curious to know because you are second in chips at this point.

I mean, based on the information provided, not knowing villain's stats, though you did say they were opening pre quite a bit, my impression is that you were shoving with the thought that you had enough fold equity to pick up the dead money, that you were ahead of his range here (which you were).

I think that if you're playing for first, the play seems fine, but if you had > 15 bbs, I probably would have folded and waited for a slightly better spot.

If you could provide blind levels here, I think it will be easier to better answer your question.

5KINGLEO5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd put all my chips on the river.a very strong hand .

Z

zigr

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Caracaski - If i could take it back i would also just call because the table was soft and easy beatable. And then for sure because of icm because the different between fourth and second place is almost a double. Yeah it was a mistake.

Shumkoolie - The blinds where 3,5/7K so i have around 13. My opponents had 11,4bbs and the fourth like 9,4bbs. And yeah exactly. I was just hoping that i have enough fold equity and pick it up pre. Now and every time next time i would just defend and ch/fold if i dont hit the set.

Thanks guys for your respond i appreciate that.