ICM

T

Tieferausch

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,
cause back to tourney I am trying to get into ICM. The pushing decision I think I am getting better.
But how can I learn the calling side of that? Are there some charts out there to learn?

Until now I oly use the ICM-Trainer and some Push or Fold Charts.

Greetings,
Sebastian

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are serious about improving your push-fold game, there is no way around paying for a subscription to a program, which can run NASH equilibrium simulations. ICMizer is the best known and cost around 99$ for a year. To some that will surely sound like a lot of money, but if you are serious about grinding online tournaments, it will pay for itself several times :)

Austria7

Austria7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,
cause back to tourney I am trying to get into ICM. The pushing decision I think I am getting better.
But how can I learn the calling side of that? Are there some charts out there to learn?

Until now I oly use the ICM-Trainer and some Push or Fold Charts.

Greetings,
Sebastian

Hi, you can take a look at youtube ... Flix from Pokerstars Team Germany does ICM analyzes on some of his videos. Just enter "Pokerstars Flix" or "grindingitup". Take care. :)

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
ICMizer is a great little tool...but sites such as pokerstars do not permit the usage of ICMIZER whilst PokerStars is open/running.

Better for reviews of how you might have done things differently. Not so good to have a real-time tool you cannot use in real-time.

Do you use other poker tools/Apps? I finally stumped up for a paid license of PokerTracker 4 (after using HM3 Free version for six months or so).

What pulls you towards ICM rather than the other plethora of tools and learning areas about\?

Cheers,
ObbleeXY

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, get ICMizer if you can. Otherwise you can get basic calling ranges here if you put in stacks and payout structures.

Whenever you have an ICM calling decision you're unsure, guess the range and then put it into software. You'll quickly become a lot better at this process.

T

Tieferausch

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks

Thank you very much for the answers. To play MTT successfully, there is no way around such a tool as i understand. I will start learning on this..

How accurate are todays online pros with those decisions without using any tools but HUDs. I guess the more decisive part is setting your opponent on a range. Then the ICM allows more errors. Is that correct?

Or do very good player know every combination of ranges, stacks, prizes.. etc. with the correct ICM decicion?
Is it possible to learn something like that by memory or is it more a matter of developing a feeling?

Greetings

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is it possible to learn something like that by memory or is it more a matter of developing a feeling?

Its a combination of both. The more hands, you have analysed in ICMizer, the less often you get surpriced about the output of the program. So you start to have a pretty good feel for, what the GTO ranges are in common situations, and then you use individual reads or "feel" to make adjustments from there.

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Are there charts on the CardsChat website in the form of convenient images?

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Enter 'ICM Trainer' at google. I think you will definitely find something there. The ICM trainer enables you to play through a number of situations. It is important that you get a feeling for when a call is correct and when you should fold. Maybe it will help you to make the right decision in tournaments because you have already played through similar situations. In real life you simply don't have the time to calculate your equity and enter the stack sizes in the ICM calculator and calculate what the right decision is. You have to decide on your gut. As I said, the ICM trainer can help you.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In real life you simply don't have the time to calculate your equity and enter the stack sizes in the ICM calculator and calculate what the right decision is.

This is also not allowed by most poker sites, so it could get you banned just like using real time solvers. Actually with PokerStars you need to be a little carefull to not inadvertently have a program like ICMizer open, when you open the poker client, because the poker client will detect this, and they will send you a warning.