cr0wn

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BG
Chips
Hey guys,

Was attending a freezout live tournament starting stacks are 15k. sb100/bb100

3rd hand of the game I get pocket kings in the CO.

Folds to me, raise to 3BBs, BU 3bets to 7BB, SB calls, I 4bet to 30BB, BU calls, SB folds.

Flop is 3h4d5d

I cbet pot, he raises to all in and I call.

He spent some time considering to call my 4bet pre. I thought his calling range was 99+, AQs+

Turn is 7d and river is 7s, he turns over AdJd.

Should I have folded after his reraise on the flop?

D0nk3y Hunt3r

D0nk3y Hunt3r

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably not As if just flatted. Though you are deep and this is 3rd hand.
If villain tanked and flatted then this is probably one of made hands. Calling 30bb, so small pockets catching set are probably out. What other made hands could that be? Higher pockets and premiums broadways. Nothing fits in here. It wasn't bad call, though I think I would nit fold here. What if dude is recreational and called with 3s?

cr0wn

cr0wn

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BG
Chips
Probably not As if just flatted. Though you are deep and this is 3rd hand.
If villain tanked and flatted then this is probably one of made hands. Calling 30bb, so small pockets catching set are probably out. What other made hands could that be? Higher pockets and premiums broadways. Nothing fits in here. It wasn't bad call, though I think I would nit fold here. What if dude is recreational and called with 3s?
Yeah, I ruled out As as he would've jammed pre. I was putting him on high pocket pairs or a suited Ace with a premium kicker. Honestly overpair to that board did not seem such a bad spot to call his jam. I block AdKd so the other two options were AdJd and AdQd, I don't think he would have called such a big 4bet pre with anything below that. Maybe I should have folded on the flop, it was a bad flop for me, but no A and I excluded any straights as there aren't any combos with which he can call a 4bet that make a straight on that board. Dunno I think I played it badly, got married to my hand and got busted early, shit happens. :D

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hey guys,

Was attending a freezout live tournament starting stacks are 15k. sb100/bb100

3rd hand of the game I get pocket kings in the CO.

Folds to me, raise to 3BBs, BU 3bets to 7BB, SB calls, I 4bet to 30BB, BU calls, SB folds.
I would probably have re-raised all-in. If he has aces or outdraws you, that's poker. Curiously I've just seen kings lose to a set o 7s.

cr0wn

cr0wn

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BG
Chips
I would probably have re-raised all-in. If he has aces or outdraws you, that's poker. Curiously I've just seen kings lose to a set o 7s.
Yeah, summed it up perfectly, as the comment from above I could have nit folded, but on that specific board there weren't that many combos that beat me. It is poker indeed so just gotta dust myself off and keep grinding.

rastapapolos

rastapapolos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
No you shouldn't, as a lot of LAG players try to semi-bluff with drawing hands, and he could have 99+, you played it correctly but you ended up on the loosing side.

T

tiptools

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
With KK most of the time I raise 1/4 of my stake ..to avoid the unpleasant surprises of a low opening