Did I play it right

J

John bruce

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tonight in the CC free roll I struggled. Mostly just getting mid cards with low cards. I got A,q three times but missed flop and faced multiple all in each time. Had to fold. Got down to 800 chips on the big blind pair of 33. All but button folded and he missed I hit set and I doubled up. On the next BB I got pocket 7 . All folded but button and sb. Hit my 7 on the flop and tripled up. Went cold for about 27 hands then now the hand I have in question.
I got pocket kings on BB
It go around and the guy across from me limps in. And button calls so I raise it 10 BB. Middle guy raises me all in. He has me stacked by about 2,000 chips. Button folds. I was already half in so I went ahead and called.
Gillian flips over 10,q of hearts( he put more than 3/4 of his chips on this)
Flop is 3,A,7 of hearts
Turn was a 4s
River was a 6d.
Knocking me out at 42. Did I not play it right?
Stuff like this is becoming so constant mybe I'm missing something. I got pocket 4, four times and three times there was multiple people going all in pre flop before me. Isn't this a fold situation? I think I'm starting to question myself because my luck has become so steadly bad I don't know anymore. Would you of played it dissent?

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Focus on your decision making rather than your results. Did you think you had played the last hand badly when the hole cards were turned over? I'm guessing you were quite happy, as well you should have been.

TonyTwoCheeks

TonyTwoCheeks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You're a 81%-19% favorite. You want him to call. Weird stuff happens on ACR. Today, I had set of Ts vs top pair with Q9o (QT3 rainbow). 95% to win. Turn 3, river Q. I can't convince myself that I would rather be the guy holding Q9o.

Lorpugo

Lorpugo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What confuses most people on freerolls tournaments or tickets tournaments. It is not that everybody is crazy and shoves qts. It is the pokerstars freeroll format. It is pretty shortstack and blinds go up and you have 10k people so it becomes bingo. You can not fight it. Better deposit some money and learn heads up play. Way more useful.

J

John bruce

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You're a 81%-19% favorite. You want him to call. Weird stuff happens on ACR. Today, I had set of Ts vs top pair with Q9o (QT3 rainbow). 95% to win. Turn 3, river Q. I can't convince myself that I would rather be the guy holding Q9o.
Tourney before I had q,6 BB and the flop came q,q,6' other guy goes all in. Of coarse I called putting me all in he turned over q,7'
Turn is 7
River is a 6. Nothing I could do. Story of my life.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You're being result oriented. Don't think that just because you lost the hand it means you did something wrong.

This is the nature of the game. You can make the correct plays and not get the desired results. The results aren't important, it's the decisions. That's something you have to understand and continue to do if you want to be a better player.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you did everything right, but just in the game there are unpredictable moments when a very good card is interrupted by the last card and you lose, I had such moments in the game many times, this is poker and different situations occur, so you do not worry and continue to play and maybe you will be able to win and raise a bankroll!

m0t22

m0t22

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'll remember those words when I play again, thank you.:star:

U

Unashamed88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are hearing an echo in here about results orientation because it is extremely important to stay resolved in your equitable decision making even if the outcome wasn't favorable as expected. Statistically speaking the results always ring true after enough hands are seen.