I need a course on pot control

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I often find myself 4betting on the turn, an intentional play to bluff like I'm on a draw with the second, third, or fourth best hand where I should be betting light & folding. For e.g I just flopped a flush, with 9hi, BB had flopped a queen high flop. I think a better player would've folded on the turn. Maybe the rule of thumb I should follow is to fold when a player flats & shows aggression on later streets, I gotta stop paying off nuts:confused:

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think bluffing should be a play used by advanced players only! To good players a bluff is obvious in most cases.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Once your "known" to be a bluffy player at the table,,,,your done. :deal:

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I often find myself 4betting on the turn, an intentional play to bluff like I'm on a draw with the second, third, or fourth best hand where I should be betting light & folding. For e.g I just flopped a flush, with 9hi, BB had flopped a queen high flop. I think a better player would've folded on the turn. Maybe the rule of thumb I should follow is to fold when a player flats & shows aggression on later streets, I gotta stop paying off nuts:confused:
the best way for pot control is to just smoke half at the start and finish it as you go along ;)

in poker, it sounds like you may be infected with FPS ;) (fancy play syndrome) :eek:
it's definitely a pandemic in CC games.
just play your game and let the situation dictate your actions ;)

P

PPT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Once your "known" to be a bluffy player at the table,,,,your done. :deal:
Everyone bluffs sometimes - don't they?

And do you count c-betting as a bluff? C-betting makes sense sometimes for me, even if you've missed on the flop, if you thought you were ahead pre-flop and are heads-up with one other player who has checked, then you're reasonably still probably ahead and have fold equity by betting.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

the best way for pot control is to just smoke half at the start and finish it as you go along ;)

in poker, it sounds like you may be infected with FPS ;) (fancy play syndrome) :eek:
Shut your piehole Jay!!

I was gonna say something about smoking half of it but i was beaten to the punch arrrrgh

imma let that fps comment slide because i take everything personally lol

You were supposed to say
Cardschat.com has a great pot control course in their 30 day learning program!!

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
4 bet bluffing is something i dont do fyi

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Haha Sounds like just the answer I needed; Yeah I used to suffer from FPS you didn't even need to spell it out, I'm well acquainted with it, I make hard folds (usually when there's a 3rd player in the hand who calls an aggro bet twice) & make questionable calls with a boat on board. CC games I love because there are flat out donkeys & some very nitty players.
Smoking def. helps but I'm weaning myself out of weed by switching to Cigs, May the *Ganja force stay with me :D

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everyone bluffs sometimes - don't they?

And do you count c-betting as a bluff? C-betting makes sense sometimes for me, even if you've missed on the flop, if you thought you were ahead pre-flop and are heads-up with one other player who has checked, then you're reasonably still probably ahead and have fold equity by betting.
Good point! & It's not, a bluff, in my book.
I'll also respond here to other comments saying "Bluffing" is reserved for advanced player :D Not sure what that means since bluffing is part of the game, in the simplest form vs the most amateur player. Poker starts off advanced & gets more advanced, imo. The B in ABC poker stands for Bluffing :rolleyes:

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
4 bet bluffing is something i dont do fyi
Yeah I don't either unless it's a 4bet shove with the best hand to make it seem like I'm on a draw.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One of the pot control is the ability to detach from the actions of opponents.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes when I want pot control instead of raising KQs I'll just limp and expect to make a call of a raise preflop

Also learning to check top pair on the flop adds pot control while doing ALOT for ALL of your different ranges
Many smart opponents won't beleive that you checked top pair to them and will give you value they otherwise would not have on further streets

Good luck on the tables hope that helps

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

This is the best reply to any post, I have seen for quite a while :party:

egglejan

egglejan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Haha Sounds like just the answer I needed; Yeah I used to suffer from FPS you didn't even need to spell it out, I'm well acquainted with it, I make hard folds (usually when there's a 3rd player in the hand who calls an aggro bet twice) & make questionable calls with a boat on board. CC games I love because there are flat out donkeys & some very nitty players.
But if you do not know, then buy at HighTHC Shop, it is safer and better quality. Smoking def. helps but I'm weaning myself out of weed by switching to Cigs, May the *Ganja force stay with me :D
In addition, if raw cannabis is sealed for storage, there is a good chance that it will become covered in mold. Smoking such weed is categorically not recommended, you can catch some kind of lung infection. Cones should always be carefully inspected for the presence of mold. Externally, mold looks like a thin spider's web, which entangles the cone.

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Each player has his own style and strategy. Personally, I prefer playing with strong cards. I don't like to play with junk.

darkvick

darkvick

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I always remeber the phrase: big pots with big hands and small pots with small hands.

This is a way to control pot for beginners.