i got served.. what would u do ?

Andymac37

Andymac37

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i just sat in the 3.30 8max on stars for close to 4 hours. there wer 538 entries and we wer down to 140 ish I think but I do know we wer 38 away from the $$, blinds wer at 500/1000 I was in 18th place with 18,8444 I was on BB with K6 Suited and 1 player flat called another called and I checked flop came 27K rainbow I bet out 3000 player folded and the other called the turn was a 9 I bet again 4500 he called, river was a 4 . no straights got there and there was no flushes but after the 2 calls I thot he missed his flush coz there was 2 dimonds out there plus my K6 was dimonds so I checked and he shoved 9,700 obvisly thot he was bluffing after the missed flush but I did think about it .. he was decent player and tight, wasn't playing a lot of hands I thot about a set but he would raised pre like he had done his other pairs .. I had played 116 hands with him so far. so after tanking I call and he turns AA.
devastated is a understatement for how I felt.
I do feel as though I learned a lot from this hand witch is the main thing I guess? it would of been so sweet if the flush got there then he shoved and he would of learned not to slow play aces lol that's all I hear on CC is don't slow play AA but it worked here and its worked for me before. what do yous think ?

Brandlad

Brandlad

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You said yourself that he was a decent tight player. Then you should have given him respect. You were behind to KQ KJ AA AK already so you really played bad.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you overestimated your hand. Senior couple, but you do not have a kicker. This is a good card, but not the best possible one. Your aggression was not justified.

Andymac37

Andymac37

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It was his flat call that made me think my king was good that was all and trust me I won't b doing it again lol

Shalarin

Shalarin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's always the trouble you get in while playing high card with a bad card beside. You are then comitted to the K on the Flop. A set of 7 or 2 could have been there, too. And as you said: the other player was very tight. I've made this mistake many times before. A good laydown is always hard but it is it's worth often :)