I finally placed at one of the Prima Network freeroll tourneys

P

pokercece

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi All,

You know how the freerolls at Prima Poker Network(Bet365, royal vegas, etc.,) normally have about 6000+ people. All competing for a portion of that tasty $1,000 pool.

Well, the players are so aggressive there that I hardly get out the gate when I play. I'll do good for about a quick few minutes, then take the ultimate nose dive.

This last time though, I felt pretty proud. I showed patience, discipline and really played smart poker. I didn't allow myself to be easily intimidated, sometimes I was a little more aggressive myself. I limited the number of hands I played and paid special attention to surrounding betting patterns. Eventually the blinds started seriously messing with me.

Anyhow, I placed in the top 20. To be fairly new at texas holdem and place top 20 out of 8,000+ people is something I regard as an accomplishment. I thought the pay off would've been bigger, but I guess you have to be in top 10 or top 5 for that(yes I was only 20 - the low end of the top 20). Maybe next time I'll make it there.

Just thought I'd share. Too, I'm thinking I wonder if I could ever do it again(lol). That's just way too many people to wade through. Very taxing.

PokerCeCe:flute:

J

JonSherwood

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great job. :) That would definitely take a lot of discipline and patience. How long did the free roll last? What was the payout you got?

Congrats.

Jon

cranck

cranck

Freeroll #12 Winner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play them at Bet365 and Ladbrokes. They definately take some discipline and patience. Good work =)

fettokissen

fettokissen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hehe gj but arent the prizepool for 3-20 really bad (WELL YEAH..free money is free money but hey)? u sit there for 5 hrs and all u get is ~~5 bucks?
been to a finaltable there and average stack was like 1 mil. Feels so unreal:)

-2222-

-2222-

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congratulations PokerAce. I agree that it is an achievement if you are fairly new to the game (less than 12 years experience...lol) and it feels good.

The big money in most tournaments goes to the 1st 3 placings.

You made it through 5980 people. Only 19 more to go before you win one.

Good luck.

P

Paynetothemax

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A 1k Pool DAMN! I wish I could enter in one of those.:toilet:

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
pokercece said:
Hi All,

You know how the freerolls at Prima Poker Network(Bet365, Royal Vegas, etc.,) normally have about 6000+ people. All competing for a portion of that tasty $1,000 pool.

Well, the players are so aggressive there that I hardly get out the gate when I play. I'll do good for about a quick few minutes, then take the ultimate nose dive.

This last time though, I felt pretty proud. I showed patience, discipline and really played smart poker. I didn't allow myself to be easily intimidated, sometimes I was a little more aggressive myself. I limited the number of hands I played and paid special attention to surrounding betting patterns. Eventually the blinds started seriously messing with me.

Anyhow, I placed in the top 20. To be fairly new at texas holdem and place top 20 out of 8,000+ people is something I regard as an accomplishment. I thought the pay off would've been bigger, but I guess you have to be in top 10 or top 5 for that(yes I was only 20 - the low end of the top 20). Maybe next time I'll make it there.

Just thought I'd share. Too, I'm thinking I wonder if I could ever do it again(lol). That's just way too many people to wade through. Very taxing.

PokerCeCe:flute:
That's pretty good. wsop will only have about 5000 entrants this year.