I don't think you can make big bucks playing MTT

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I look at some of the best player on WPN, it took them 3 years to make $130K, or $43K a year.

TheBoski, I see him in MTT and he is really good. But considering 3 years to make $130K as top 10 earning player on WPN, that isn't some get rich fast scheme. It is more like work your butt off 9-5 no benefit or vacation kind of grind.

And you have players that win the $1m or $6m but you look at their record, they lose it all back.

Attachments

• Screenshot (107).jpg
    Screenshot (107).jpg
    11 KB · Views: 28
terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's 1 account by 1 player,,,,,how do you know he prob has 10 more? ;)

N

neart13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker, the hardest way to make an easy living!

C

Cezar23927

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
MTT îs good for backroll îs You get a good Day and also luck to be on your side, Because în a big tournament to win IT You need also luck on your side on that Day.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on what you consider big money. I think it is quite possible to earn 2-3 thousand dollars a month playing in MTT tournaments.

M

moshie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mtt are a huge grind. But even today for 1.10 mtt pokerstars guarantee is 8000
about 1700 for first. That's a lot of bang .for a buck.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
is to generalize just by giving an example, however if they think or when they play it is not profitable they should not continue on the path of poker thinking of living from it, greetings:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I suppose you presume there are countless poker players who believe they are all going to get rich quick, and they need correcting. I do not believe that the case.

I think most intelligent adults who dip into poker with a degree of seriousness know full well that poker is by and large a grind. Big winnings are the exception rather than the rule. The average player is not walking around believing they are going to be a multi-millionaire overnight- that's just a fleeting daydream at best.

The much more interesting argument/question would be what would it take to turn professional? So, if you could earn what you do (steadily) as a professional as you do in your regular job, would you choose poker?

M

moshie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you choose poker. I suggest you look at the poker streamers on twitch now. sponsored pros. These people put in a lot of hours. Sometimes more than a full time job.If there deep in a tournament sometimes 12 + hours. If someone think this is an easy way to make a living their kidding themselves.