Hyperaggressiveness in MTT's!

Copag

Copag

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
MTT - HYPERAGRESSIVITY STRATEGY (LONG BALL)

Well, as we all know, the name says it all, doesn't it? Not!
Long Ball does NOT mean that we are going to raise with all our hands from all positions and make all possible reraises.
It does not matter which line we are going to adopt, whether it is tight or loose pre- flop , what will differentiate this is that we will “exchange”check / call for raises / reraises.
In the same way as Small Ball, we will have to have a good post- flop reading to apply this strategy. With this, our opponents inevitably will know who will pull action during all hand we are, so we will be more vulnerable to take check-raises, as we will be playing in position, and always maintaining pressure with c-bets and etc.
Given this, we come to some conclusions:

Who does it work against?
Players who are weak and know how to let go of their hands when encountering resistance. Playing against calling stations that way is suicide for us.

Risk the whole stack?
Yes, we often cannot be afraid to risk our entire stack, whether at the beginning, middle or end of the tournament.

Should I decrease the pressure if I am well in chips?
Never, the more chips, the more enjoyable and fun it is to play Long Ball. We have more paths. We will maintain constant pressure!

Will we often be eliminated early?
Yes, most of the time. However in the few that we reach the final stage of a tournament, we will arrive with monstrous stacks, therefore, with the greatest chance of lining heavy.

Does it work in all types of tournaments?
Yes. However, in my opinion, TURBO tournaments and large player fields are the ones that have the most effect.
Believe me, playing tigth, during an entire tournament, reaching the finals and your stack can't take a flip, a race, or a bad 60/40 is the worst nightmare. Let's get there to take it all.

Can we play hyper-aggressive only with premium hands like AA, KK, QQ, AK?
Forget your fear. Raises and reraises with these hands everyone knows how to do. Here we will do this with “ AIR ”, whether our hand is a 72o or our hand is an AK.

What is the standard for raises?
Is the table raising between 2.5x and 3x? Let's pull this to 4x to 5x. Cbet never less than 2/3 and up to the pot. In some cases even overbet.

What is our goal?
Win the tournament. Go on tilt opponents. Make them want to pay you so irritated they will be. We will always play aggressive.
There is no point in raising 5x with nothing in your hand and when you have AA, raise 2.5x just to be called. It doesn't exist here.

Who are we going to focus on?
At the table tights. He encountered a lot of resistance, let go of your hand.

Float ? Squeeze? Slowplay?
Only if you have a Quads, one Fullen, otherwise our business is to put plug and take full stack and psychological of our opponents.

All in pre flop is hyperaggressive?
Not! By giving our all in preflop , we will be losing our advantage. Because in some cases, the opponent's call is so mathematically correct that it will not matter what card he has in hand to call you.

Make big pots?
Yes, we will use the pot leverage techniques, and explore the weaknesses of beginning players and all other post flop .

Is it easier to apply Long Ball with a big stack?
Yes, the bigger the stack, the more options we have to apply the Long Ball.

Show our hands?
It depends on a few factors. If the table is extremely tight, why not show? We don't want to be dealt AA and when we open-raise, the table runs all fold .

What range will we use?
72o to AA. The important thing here is the position, so that we can keep the pressure on the opponents.

Board complicated and now?
Board has A? Board has flush ? It doesn't matter, let's keep up the pressure. He met with loose resistance. It's simple.

How will we play pocket pairs? Why SET value?
Not! We will play aggressively, with raises and reraises. When we hit our SET x TPTK (Top Pair-Top Kicker), we will break our opponent.

Don't be intimidated. Use patterns to make opponents remember you. For EX: you reraised 19,999 with 72o. Show the opponent. AA came, and he raised again. Attack the psychological, use the same 19,999 and let it break itself against you.
Make your metagame, show some good hands too, be unpredictable. This is the key to success.

I am not the owner of the truth and I am extremely DONK. I hope it is just another good contribution to the forum, and I really hope it will serve someone. Knowledge and information is never too much. Doubts, Reviews, leave feedback here.

dino

dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
so, questions:

have you tried this strategy yourself?
Have you copy/paste from someone or did you write this yourself from your own experience?
What is your record?
Show us your screenshots winning some MTT's.

M

moshie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Me. I like Daniel Negreanu thinking of small ball pre flop. Even Ak open He only raises 2.2 to 2.4 times BBs. People play back at him constantly with worse hands preflop. I know everyone wants value for their good hands. Too make as many chips as possible.But we won't win the tournament in one hand. Everybody plays too what style suits them. I may survive longer but my goal is the same, get as deep as possible without risking my whole stack .

k0dka

k0dka

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think unless your opponents are completely oblivious, they would quickly adjust and have you crushed. You have to realise that too much aggression might force some opponent mistakes, but will generally result in them playing better against you. When this strategy works, it is mostly because you are running hot. Any strategy works when you are running hot.

mt2lhd

mt2lhd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I myself don't like this type of playing in MMTs, This strategy has a lot of luck and variance involved that may destroy the bankroll of the player, but It is so much fun in it,

Copag

Copag

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
so, questions:

have you tried this strategy yourself?
Have you copy/paste from someone or did you write this yourself from your own experience?
What is your record?
Show us your screenshots winning some MTT's.
A friend and I wrote together, we used it when there was the old full tilt, I went well until I won some T-shirts and the buy-in back for defeats pro full tilts . Hoje em dia não jogo MTT muito jogo Hus.

Copag

Copag

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
@Dino I can tell you that in the modality and the buy in that I play today I am the best in the world and I can prove it just by calling inbox.

ScoobyEdu

ScoobyEdu

How about some fun games?
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think if you want fun it can be interesting, but I don't see a long life in the tournament.

I see a lot of people playing like this, so much so that even in our freerolls, some players manage to accumulate 15k chips in 10 minutes of play.

I also believe that, at a time when the good cards are coming, it can help to catch those players who pay all or who do not have a vision of you looser ....

I don't really like having a pattern, it goes a lot during the day, especially in freerolls.

Just testing and analyzing the results ... can I have a better opinion ...

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tried this before. I end up tilting myself. Lol

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I see this working well near the bubble. But anywhere else, you are going to run into premium hands, that must players are unable to lay down.

Then the only thing that can save you is luck, because no amount of aggression is going to make that dude fold his hand.