Hyper turbo tournaments

Are 3/6 max hyper turbo tournaments worth playing?

• I really don’t like poker all that much and not sure why I joined this forum

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
EddMaster

EddMaster

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I’be been playing some spin and go tournaments recently and wondered what are peoples opinions. This is referring to any 3 or 6 max hyper turbo tournaments.

Should they be played or is it too much of a lottery?

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Everything is valid, I tried to play 3 tournaments at the same time, I couldn't

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Spin n Gos are not the only tournaments, which are offered as hyper turbos. A site like pokerstars also have traditional 6-man and 9-man hyperturbo SnGs, and they have hyperturbo MTTs. The hyperturbo MTTs typically start with 100BB stacks, so the only difference to other MTTs is, that the blinds go up faster.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
no, these are just as cool tournaments as other tournaments, it's just faster than usual, so you need to play better and play more hands it's not a lottery just think people who are waiting for one strong AA card and everything is as usual I would be very happy if you included all the tournaments in hyper turbo so that people play poker and not wait 2 hours for one strong hand so poker would be more interesting

EddMaster

EddMaster

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Spin n Gos are not the only tournaments, which are offered as hyper turbos. A site like PokerStars also have traditional 6-man and 9-man hyperturbo SnGs, and they have hyperturbo MTTs. The hyperturbo MTTs typically start with 100BB stacks, so the only difference to other MTTs is, that the blinds go up faster.
I am aware that there are other types of hyper turbo tournaments and was just using spin and go as an example, but I was specifically referring to low stack hyper turbos.

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I played those hyper tournaments several times and I consider them to be a lottery

waisichy

waisichy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Too quick for me. I like taking my time over decisions.

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't like to play hyperturbo. It's insane and based most in luck than in skill. I only register in this kind of game in freerolls.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
May as well be a play money player. they are rubbish.

Atararo14

Atararo14

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
In this tournament format, it is important to use Nash's push or fold chart because the blinds increase quickly and you end up with an uncomfortable stack.

This table allows us not to be exploited by our opponents and to make the best possible decisions with our hand.

It is important to know that we can use this table with a short stack (less than 20 BB) where we have no depth to raise and continue the bet until river... So it is better to go all in or fold preflop.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
These type of tournaments can save you daily buy ins and you can open them anytime you have not so many tables left

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They are a great way to work on your short stack game.

With the short game length, they are good to play at the start and end of your session.

Get an icm tool and practice the format.

Review your hands after each game.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Last edited:
Kerasuss28

Kerasuss28

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NL
Chips
You can be good as you want , but in long term or short it will be played and won by players like they play a bingo /lottery game

LUKADONCICMVP

LUKADONCICMVP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
lottery for sure but sure is worth playing like every mtt,

MrCryJoker

MrCryJoker

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I’be been playing some spin and go tournaments recently and wondered what are peoples opinions. This is referring to any 3 or 6 max hyper turbo tournaments.

Should they be played or is it too much of a lottery?
This is too much like a lottery for me, I like to play at regular speed where there is a medium-deep stack.

P

pokerD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I don't like these kinds of tournaments.very fast for me.

seiya1989

seiya1989

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I don't play them unless I get a ticket for a hyper turbo tournament for me it's too random, cheers

044hero

044hero

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hyper-turbos are good as an additional load to the main tournaments) But these tournaments force you to play more aggressively, and often it all comes down to push-fold) Therefore, the push-fold must be well trained by the player in order to be successful in such tournaments)

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think it depends a lot on your time and your bankroll at the moment. in situations where you don't have much time to spend with poker, it's interesting.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I might play one someday ,. but usually i prefer turbo or normal speed and blinds tourneys . 1 min or 3 min blinds might be too little for me . especially deep in a tourney , then blinds increase so fast , i need a good shove fold strategy ,

poweROFLuck

poweROFLuck

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
You really cant keep up on these if you play multiple tables.. and even if you do there is lot of luck factor since everyone is going ALL in first hands etc

EddMaster

EddMaster

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Seems like a number of people have left a comment, but not voted.

Remember this is a poll… and…

👉🏼 YOUR VOTE COUNTS!!! 👈🏼