ElScorcho008

ElScorcho008

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Is it just me that hates hyper and turbo speed tournaments? Depends too much on getting those lucky hands imo

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hypers are just an icm test.

If you understand the icm and can handle the variance you are all set.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Hyper tournaments depend more on luck and less in your skills so you need a tighter bankroll manager to overcome the variance!!

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
They are way more playable than most people here will ever realize ...

ms_attack

ms_attack

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
It's really more of a gamble in parts and you don't have a chance to play skills. However, in an MTT with a normal blind structure of e.g. 10 minutes, this is possible. The Cardschat freerolls are a very good possibility and especially those for Silver and Platinium Members have only a few players.

I don't like this form of hyper either, but it is an alternative to traditional tournaments for players who have little time.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Is it just me that hates hyper and turbo speed tournaments? Depends too much on getting those lucky hands imo
Hi :)
I don't hate such tournaments, but I just don't play in such tournaments. There's no point in hating tournaments, because no one is forcing you to play them :)

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I have always thought that hyper tournaments are like playing bingo, a lottery, they are tournaments that are played very aggressively, everything is so fast that there is no chance for anything, I avoid playing hyper tournaments, and when I play them it is because it is free or I have a ticket, on the other hand the turbo tournaments don't bother me as much as the hyper ones although I also try to avoid them, I prefer the slower tournaments

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
these are cool tournaments friend and I love them very much these turbo and hyper turbo tournaments, they are not for luck, they depend, like all poker, on skill and a little luck there's just everything you do normally you need to do much faster and play more hands, which means you can make more mistakes and this is a skill and not luck in normal mode you can wait AA minutes 30 then double and continue playing quietly and then you can't wait long

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
If it is somewhat difficult to win in these tournaments, in turbo tournaments you have a better opportunity to fold more hands but it is still difficult

S

Shep11111

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If you apply a regular tight aggressive style to hyper it typically doesn’t work. You gotta risk it a little more on your less than premium hands and bluff more to avoid being eaten by blinds. There is definitely time for short stack /tight play in these it just typically comes near the money rather than throughout. Play at a stake that suitable to your bankroll and try being a little bit more aggressive in spots where you have future outs.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hypers are a great way to work on your short stack play.

If you do not understand the icm you will not do well.

M

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I don't play hyper tournaments much, but the few times I have played it has been very intense, I don't like it very much because of how fast you have to earn chips and you have to risk more than normal, but I must say that I only like hyper sng, but mostly all the HUs, there are fewer players and it makes me feel more comfortable, I prefer to play tournaments where the blinds are slower

ElScorcho008

ElScorcho008

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Hi :)
I don't hate such tournaments, but I just don't play in such tournaments. There's no point in hating tournaments, because no one is forcing you to play them :)
Yea I guess so worded it wrong. I just don't play them anymore either

StealTheButton

StealTheButton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The think with turbos is you can play twice as many tournaments, but it does not cut your ROI in half. pokerstars PA does not even offer normal Sit n Go's so I have to play turbo. If I could stay in the 20-30bb territory for longer I feel this is where I have an edge. Unfortunately the blinds go up fast! To be successful here you need to understand short stack play and have a good understanding how ICM affects your decisions- this is where you will have an edge on your uneducated opponents. But there will always be luck, and there will be times you just 2 6, 3 7, 8 4 over and over.

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i like low buy in hyper turbo tournaments or satellites because they dont take much time to play them and i find them easier to play than regular tournament because there arent going to be many postflop decision so many decisions are going to be preflop. also it can be very frustating to invest so many hours playing a regular low buy in tournament to finished in the bubble or to make a small cashed, so you would have to make a deep run in order to make these tournament worth it.

K

Ketoupitou

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Turbos are my favorite. I can't stand hypers.