Hyper-turbo strategy?

B

brettrh95

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This will allow you to open your range much wider and can help you narrow their range as well

blackdevil724

blackdevil724

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Well you need to play tight, but if you are late to act, you can risk shove midle cards...especialy on begining of tournaments when you need chips to play safer later...off course you need lot off luck..those tournaments are stupid because there is litlle play and skill

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
play tight, then know your icm because it is an icm quiz

E

evangelos_christodoulou

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All you see in a hyper turbo tourney is allin allin allin, I guess those tournaments are made for people who dont have a lot of time, and like the action. Strategy for them, wait some good hands and try to play them againsts 1-2 persons, more persons equals pure luck, nothing else

sergik1992

sergik1992

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is strategy to play hyper-turbo MTT's? I know that is not 100% luck, but how to behave in a hyper-turbo? Opinions? Tips? Experiences?

Mostly I play this type of MTT with premium hands and with all-in (in case, when my all-in is first). Rarely I call one or more all-ins (only with AA and KK). But I think that this tournamenta are like a lotery) Good luck to you!)

fortopyan

fortopyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in MTT or SNG HT 6max I recommend play more loоse and agressive than standart tournament. because while you sit and wait AA ))) will not stay stack

C

cormierced

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you dont have good card in the beggining, dont do stupid shit.. eventually a hand will come when you have 10-15 BB and you shove.. luck will do its job..
if you are not comfortable with pushing all in preflop, then dont limp in to lose blinds because someone with 10-15BB might shove..

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck Luck and more luck....I don't like turbos(my opinion)..

Agree with you,just luck,you don't have time for wait good cards,not time to some strategy,just all in and see are you lucky or not :)

M

Muzyka1996

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When have Ace go all-in. That's all:)

Stanislav

Stanislav

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
twin

yup you need to got good cards for you maybe for this tournaments but players whit slow play then keep watching

CRStals

CRStals

Total posts
Awards
Chips
The only time I change my thought process in a hyper turbo is when the blinds dwarf the average stack. Otherwise early I'll stick to premium or above average, and pick my spots playing the hands aggressively.

However, if the blinds get to a point where most if not everyone at the table is short stacked, I don't mess - it's all-in. Why? I'm not getting out-flopped for 50%+ of my stack. I'll take my chance pre and let the chips fall.

360_ricardo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
turbo or hyper turbo same thing for me, and same playing like any other regular mtt, good hands, pairs 9+, A10+, and sweet low suited connectors. Yes luck is important when you are all in. but in game, there are lot of diferent factors, like stack amount, number of players in hand and etc.
People always make mistake, sitting on the hyper turbo, like omg omg blind will eat me in 2 min, i must go donk and crazy all in. and they go crazy, there is no reason to be extra uber agresive

in my opinion, when you play a turbo tournament, but have a longer time to be able to play with strategy and keep a number of healthy chips. In the Hiper, if you are in a favorable position, and that can induce only one opponent to compete with their cards, all in it. Greetings!!!

torres_iie4opa

torres_iie4opa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play all in then you have A10AjAq... you need more chips on early game

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i play these 'cuz they're quick
you gotta be pretty aggressive with any good cards you get and never be afraid to bluff

KenZZel

KenZZel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
all in when u have A and 10+ ( in early)
u need more chips