Chips
you need learn push range how bb you have position its very dificuikt to play

bablo

bablo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree that all games more extensive in turbo need to be able to take risks, wait for premium hands there definitely is not worth it.

gardin555

gardin555

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The blinds play an important role, since they consume the stack, therefore the decisions must be faster and take the opportunities when the blinds are presented or eaten.
There is a strategy that adapts the type of range according to the level of blinds, basically it is a push / folds.
For example during the first level, more tight, pair medium plus and hight broadways, during the second level open more your range and any A, any pair, broadways
And during the last level, open more the range and you add more queens , suited connectors, and try to steal more blinds.

A

audacity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello! Please advise how to play hyper-turbo tournaments? Just wait for a strong hand, or play for all the chips and a very wide range?

There is little time in a hyper - I play quite aggressive.

I also increase my expectancy to lose :)

It's a different play style for me - I certainly take more changes in hyper.

You can't afford to wait in my view. If you want to wait I'd play something with longer rounds or bigger starting stacks.

G

guitaRisGood

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
best way to win at hyper turbo tournaments is to not play them

Ross McCollum

Ross McCollum

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am going to echo everyone else here and say that hyper turbo is bad. Without a doubt my least favorite and least successful game format.

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love turbo. Only there I take big hands need to more often play.But it is more difficult to win the tournament.More luck.

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To play this kind of games, you must have good bank, because there is more variance in these games.
You need to expand your range of hands and play aggressive.

Gyry

Gyry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should try to play aggressively and thinking more quickly, at the beginning of the tournament play as many hands as possible( when blinds is small), need to build big stack before blinds jump up ..and it's need to do all game

M

MarineCJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hyper Turbo I generally stay away from unless cheap ($0.50 or less) and feel like screwing around I will from time to time play turbos though. If its a bigger money tournament I prefer the regular timing. It allows you to really play poker and generally skill wins out.

copycutpaste

copycutpaste

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hate hyper turbo...no time for premium hands...quickly becomes a shove fest...my advice is to stay clear unless it's a freeroll...did I mention I hate hyper turbo...

TudorPithon

TudorPithon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
play aggressive and pray for some luck :D

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hyper turbo is a lottery. I think when there is a good art you have to immediately go to all-in. It all depends on your luck and not on the ability to play. It's not a long time to wait for a good time card, because in such tournaments the blind is growing very fast, because very often you have to do all-in on any card and hope for luck. I do not really like hyper turbo tournaments at all, I like MTT or SNG more, which are at a normal speed.

T

TEIS22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play these tournaments at low stakes just to get the feel of a quick play and on the go strategies but it's not my preferred way to play becuz you have to play with a wider range of hands just to accomplish anything but SnG Tournaments love them and I recently just started playing these windfall tournaments which are a minimum buy in but it spins a counter to reveal the prize pool most of the time it just doubles your buy in but I get lucky sometimes and catch 20x my $3 buy in and its fast to build your stack if you know how to play the game 1on 1