Huge bubbles are freaking ridiculous!

motonutz

motonutz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Okay so I've seen this before, but but when I saw all the people sign up for the Saturday July 24th at poker stars, it just reminded me how ridiculous these massive bubbles are!

So for this free role this 100$ dollar free roll 2500 people registered and this stupid bubble paid to the 400 and something place! So 450th place 7 cents, and 100th place won 11 cents.

What is the point of winning such little rewards? The money should be in the top 50 not the top 450 the winners of the top 50 should receive bigger payouts and there shouldn't be these minor itty bitty payouts for for people entering a 450 person bubble.

Now in a million dollar game with 50,000 people in it the bubble will pay to what let's guess a thousand and maybe the thousandth place will win $1,000 okay so that's a decent bubble, but probably didn't pay for your buy-in

But if you're playing in these micro tournaments or low entry tournaments and these bubbles are huge and massive and you're only winning 10 cents or a dollar or $2 after 6 or 7 hours I think it's just ridiculous

I think bubbles should be a lot smaller and the payouts for the top players should be a lot bigger!

So also I noticed like I said 2,500 people signed up to the pokerstars $100 free role

But at william hill the 250 pound ree roll there was under 200 people

And the same at GG games there was under 200 people

Why is everybody fascinated with pokerstars? The worst bad River beats on the internet even with play money....

B

badluckbox

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
15-20% payouts is standard for most mtts. Small payouts just emphasizes the importance of finishing in top 3 with mtts and not to go for min-cashes.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This forum provides freerolls for its members. There are different types and different playing field sizes depending on the FR and the poker site.

I agree that investing hours for pennies is not a way to make money. But it IS!! a way to play large field MTTS and get some experience. And it is provided by this forum....... For you, for me, and all for free.........

If it is not for you, dont play. Easy game. But please see that this forum is giving money away. I will repeat: Giving Money Away! The payout structure is pretty standard.

IMHO a "Thanks CC for arranging all these freerolls where members can play and perhaps even make a small amount of money, and I always have the choice to simply not play if I do not like the field size" would be a more appropriate response.......

B

BIGAUS

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
10-20% payout is the norm for MTTs so of course with a freeroll and thousands of potential registrations that it'll thin out the prize pool. Of course nobody can do anything with a couple cents (aside from trying to spin your way into an event), but for not rising anything, it's a start for people truly trying to start with nothing.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, indeed, playing in a tournament to get a minimum payout of 10 cents is very funny.
I used to play such tournaments, but now I don't play, it's easier to make a deposit of 5$ and play several tournaments of 1-2$.
And to train your poker skills, it is better to play for real money than in freerolls.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This forum provides freerolls for its members. There are different types and different playing field sizes depending on the FR and the poker site.

I agree that investing hours for pennies is not a way to make money. But it IS!! a way to play large field MTTS and get some experience. And it is provided by this forum....... For you, for me, and all for free.........

If it is not for you, dont play. Easy game. But please see that this forum is giving money away. I will repeat: Giving Money Away! The payout structure is pretty standard.

IMHO a "Thanks CC for arranging all these freerolls where members can play and perhaps even make a small amount of money, and I always have the choice to simply not play if I do not like the field size" would be a more appropriate response.......

Exactly. Its weird to see people complain about something, which is provided to them for free. If a particular freeroll is not worth your time, then dont play it! PokerStars have lots of regular MTTs and MTT SnGs, where you can compete for some decent prices. Of course these are not free to play, but "what you pay is what you get" ;)

motonutz

motonutz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Free money

Exactly. Its weird to see people complain about something, which is provided to them for free. If a particular freeroll is not worth your time, then dont play it! PokerStars have lots of regular MTTs and MTT SnGs, where you can compete for some decent prices. Of course these are not free to play, but "what you pay is what you get" ;)

Okay yeah I agree I can see your point about getting "free money" but like I said thousands of people signed up for these tournaments making the bubble worth pennies. But people didn't sign up for the GG games or the Williams games so I will play them and you can keep your Poker Stars

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That is normally the payout for a freeroll, 10% -20% is the norm for MTTs. Do not get frustrated, there are plenty of other tournaments where you can play with less bubble players and better prices. Regards.

B

benitwapasu

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Those type of tourneys aren't worth playing---waste of time for sure

S

smorg01

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The idea of the bubble is for the top players in the tournament to get a second chance with their stake. So if you finish in the top 10-20% you get your money back or a little extra.

So you should be more than happy to get 7 cents which is infinitly higher than what you put in, which was zero cents. The idea of a Freeroll is not to win $100 like an all or nothing tournament, for highly skilled players, but to give tournament expereince to the newbies.

So if you are a skilled player, then you should not be wasting your time with the freeroll, unless playing for the love of the game and not the money. I would also note that if you sat there for 6 or 7 hours and you did not win the tournament then something is wrong maybe a table of 9 people sitting out going nowhere.

I have not seen a freeroll even with over 10,000 people last that long.

Also even if you paid out the top 50 players on a $100 free roll the prizes of top table would share $50 and the other 41 player would get a share of $50 so you are still looking at $1-$2. If you are looking at the value of your time in $ terms even if you came first you would (based on your 7 hours) be making $1.42 an hour which is below minimum wage except in the 3rd world countries.

Bottom line if you are looking for money over enjoyment you need to stake twice what you want to make per hour. So if you are looking to cash, and make $15 an hour then play a tournament with a $30 buy in.

If you are looking to improve your skills for free and have some fun along the way while SLOWLY building a bankroll then freerolls is your ticket to that.

:)

Ellvira

Ellvira

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Okay so I've seen this before, but but when I saw all the people sign up for the Saturday July 24th at poker stars, it just reminded me how ridiculous these massive bubbles are!

So for this free role this 100$ dollar free roll 2500 people registered and this stupid bubble paid to the 400 and something place! So 450th place 7 cents, and 100th place won 11 cents.

What is the point of winning such little rewards? The money should be in the top 50 not the top 450 the winners of the top 50 should receive bigger payouts and there shouldn't be these minor itty bitty payouts for for people entering a 450 person bubble.

Now in a million dollar game with 50,000 people in it the bubble will pay to what let's guess a thousand and maybe the thousandth place will win $1,000 okay so that's a decent bubble, but probably didn't pay for your buy-in

But if you're playing in these micro tournaments or low entry tournaments and these bubbles are huge and massive and you're only winning 10 cents or a dollar or $2 after 6 or 7 hours I think it's just ridiculous

I think bubbles should be a lot smaller and the payouts for the top players should be a lot bigger!

So also I noticed like I said 2,500 people signed up to the PokerStars $100 free role

But at William Hill the 250 pound ree roll there was under 200 people

And the same at GG games there was under 200 people

Why is everybody fascinated with pokerstars? The worst bad River beats on the internet even with play money....
Hello friend, you are wrong , this poker site is not something that distributes money, it teaches you to play, I am also here recently and got right on a 30-day course, the course is excellent, although I haven't passed it all yet, but it's not that the site gives you money, it encourages you to play in the top 3 players, and this study is supported by practice, and if you start to get it and it starts to please, then believe me, tournaments will become as easy for you, learn to play, there is a forum, ask any questions you will be answered, be prompted, good luck at the tables, and this is a sign of reinforcement

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Those type of tourneys aren't worth playing---waste of time for sure

Guess you correct about that part :cool:
But then again such games also give chance to try out whichever "strategy" or whatever which you probably would never use elsewhere so yeah these events very perfect for playing like (true) maniac who practices military strategy and so on lol

motonutz

motonutz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok isee ur point

Hello friend, you are wrong , this poker site is not something that distributes money, it teaches you to play, I am also here recently and got right on a 30-day course, the course is excellent, although I haven't passed it all yet, but it's not that the site gives you money, it encourages you to play in the top 3 players, and this study is supported by practice, and if you start to get it and it starts to please, then believe me, tournaments will become as easy for you, learn to play, there is a forum, ask any questions you will be answered, be prompted, good luck at the tables, and this is a sign of reinf

Okay I understand your argument. If you're learning how to play poker and you don't have decades of experience then yes this is a great website to LEARN how to play poker and playing in a tournament that has no valuable rewards is good experience, but in the long run you're playing poker to win money air go to an experienced player it would just be a waste of time to play Penny poker

Ellvira

Ellvira

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Okay I understand your argument. If you're learning how to play poker and you don't have decades of experience then yes this is a great website to LEARN how to play poker and playing in a tournament that has no valuable rewards is good experience, but in the long run you're playing poker to win money air go to an experienced player it would just be a waste of time to play Penny poker
to go to study with a pro, the idea itself is good, but you came and said teach me how to play and earn, ok, you hear, give your hands how much you've played. and how much do you need well, at least 100k and preferably 1m, so play this distance of hands then we'll talk

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
High limits for larger payments, low limits for smaller payments. These are freerolls and low limit games. It's the proportions, many players and little cash in the box. Everything is normal, you should level up if you want bigger payouts.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
But people didn't sign up for the GG games or the Williams games so I will play them and you can keep your Poker Stars

Well that sounds like a good idea, but still no point in complaining about a freeroll in a poker forum. I have also played this particular freeroll once, because I failed to realise, that this particular day it was open to all members and not only those with platinum status. So rather than the 200+ participants, I was expecting, it was those 2.000+, as you say.

But I did not feel a need to write an angry post about it and suggesting, that the payout structure should be changed. Instead I just finished it without paying to much attention. Another reasonable alternative would have been to simply sit out. This is somewhat frawned upon, but if you regret signing up for a particular freeroll and decide, you would rather spend your time on something else, nobody force you to play it out.

As for making MTTs pay a smaller percentage of the field, thats probably a bad idea overall. When people min-cash, they feel, they won, and making that winning feeling more difficult to achieve will likely result in less people having fun and less people playing in the long run. Actually the payout structure of CC freerolls on PokerStars were changed in early 2020 to make a smaller percentage of the field paid. This was done by PokerStars and not by the request of CC, and it received mostly negative feedback from players.

So I think, you are really in the minority here, and the real issue is, that to win decent prices, you need to put some money at risk. PokerStars also have a 10c 360man SnG, and in that one a min-cash is 24c, and if you outlast the entire field and take it down, you are paid 6,8$. But then again it should be obvious, that a 10c tournament is just for fun or practice and not for making a living or even building up a bankroll.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
But I did not feel a need to write an angry post about it and suggesting, that the payout structure should be changed. Instead I just finished it without paying to much attention. Another reasonable alternative would have been to simply sit out. This is somewhat frawned upon, but if you regret signing up for a particular freeroll and decide, you would rather spend your time on something else, nobody force you to play it out.

I like sitouts, when they are on my left. Free blinds if you play it right. (And no one else does..:)

Other than that, I agree with your entire post.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey for $0.10 you can already play five $0.02 sit-n-go's on PS, thats already somthing. Ten times you ITM in these feerolls and you got yourself a whole bankroll for 2cent sit-n-gos.

So aside of all the default arguments that 'Its free money so quit crying' 'You getting experience so stop crying', thing is, its not about 'How much', but its about what can you do with this much.

And also, for some poor people even a dollar could be valuable money. So stop crying you are ridiculous.

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, if the goal of making money, then the freeroll is not the right tournament, I treat freerolls as a training competition, and a small reward is an additional incentive to win

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2500 people are willing to play the freeroll. That shows you how many people just want to play real money poker without risking any money. Making a 7 cent cash in one of those freerolls gives them the illusion that they can win at real money poker.