HU versus 6 Max

R

rigor mortis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know it's horses for courses, but some players prefer Heads Up, while others 6 Max. There is nothing in common beyween the pair, as both games require different tactics and strategies. One possible difference is that in HU you are playing the man more than the cards.Any thoughts?

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are you referring to cash games or tournaments?

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer a short table in both cash and SnG. It is more enjoyable for me. There is no reason not to both. In most of the hands you enter in, you are playing the person.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would prefer 6 max over heads up. Just a personal preference. I think the HUD heads up is not needed and its all about playing the player where as 6 max a HUD can be useful. Its just when heads up the stats are so over inflated I feel they become useless.

MrHachiman

MrHachiman

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love HU. And clearly much more psychology and leveling in this type of games so it is also difficult to multitabling when you have to be constantly adapting. There is less 'autopilot' so to speak. I would love to play this mode but unfortunately it only starts from NL50 in most rooms so i play 6max.

Lorpugo

Lorpugo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love HU. And clearly much more psychology and leveling in this type of games so it is also difficult to multitabling when you have to be constantly adapting. There is less 'autopilot' so to speak. I would love to play this mode but unfortunately it only starts from NL50 in most rooms so i play 6max.
In pokerstars you can play for 1,5$ heads up go to sit sand god section and filter micro and 2 players on table

honorwar

honorwar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel more comfortable playing HU.