How you play this

StArDemonn

StArDemonn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Full ring.. utg has 4 bb and shove u are in sb or btn everybody fold and you woke up with 66,77,88 or 99 (u have 10-15bb) in this situation I just reshove but every time the BB seems to have a bigger pair for example same situation I reshove with 88 for 12 bb after the short stack was all in and bb tank and call with 99 ...or when I have AQ sb the BB had AK. Am I missing something or it just bad luck?How can I fold 99 vs an utg all in with4-5 bb more to call and one more player to act..I really can't flat there and fold if bb wakes up with something.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Seem fine to me. When you are in this late position, and someone behind wakes up with a huge hand, its just bad luck.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If a loss of 4 BB does not crash your stack, then you should call such a push from a player with a very short stack. Of course, you will not always win, but often enough that it pays off.

Tenek26

Tenek26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The answer to the question depends a lot on the situation of icm, but if losing 4 bb does not cause you much harm, then undoubtedly, you must accept this action.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course play call, and better all-in. With stack 14bb we have only 2 options, fold or all-in, with such stack having any pocket pair 66+ go all-in.

Acesinthebig

Acesinthebig

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Calling looks stronger than shoving so it may throw up some red flags for the players in the blinds, causing them to only call and see a flop. That being said you may be able to fold when facing a reshove or maybe you decide to call given the type of player.