How would you play this?

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends upon the stacks left.
If theres no or limited space for maneuvering,then ill put all my chips on the middle.

A

armaghedonul

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
it is a hard hand,i think you should check and wait to see what ather player do

M

mitea2013

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmm.if you checked he put you sure all in..bet 1/2 pot.The risk is big but, you will be lucky he fold or you will be good with 2 pair.Cheers:D

S

stlbluesfan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the feedback every one, like I said its been a long time so the details are a little fuzzy and I don't really recall stack sizes other than his was larger but not by much.
My thought was simply if I check he's going to represent an Ace and then I have to make a decision or I bet and take my chances. One of the things I've read or heard somewhere was that its easier to make a bet than call a bet.
I shoved and he called, he showed AK off and I didn't catch crap on the river and it was done.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the more I think about it, the more I think betting out is ideal.

yes...you could be betting into broadway, but you are far from dead and betting has the added benefit of possibly causing a hand like J9 or T9 to fold which would beat you if you don't improve by the river.

Sakal1990

Sakal1990

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its been a couple years so the details are a little fuzzy but this hand haunts me still and I'd love to hear some experienced opinions on what I should have done.
Final table in MTT I'm 5 of 6 remaining, don't remember all of the payouts but 1st was $75000 and 5the was $1000. Don't remember my position but was dealt Kd Qd raised 4-5 x BB and had one caller blinds both folded
flop - Ks 10d Jd
I bet pot and he calls
turn - Qh

I've got open end straight flush draw, and top two pair, What would you do from here?

I would go all-in so I put pressure on the opponent.

Staneff

Staneff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From that what i see, which is not enough, I would check so if he does too it`s a free card for me. If he bet idk what actually would i do cuz as u said even you dont remember details clearly. It`s a "really hard to play" hand and there is not an easy decision.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the more I think about it, the more I think betting out is ideal.

yes...you could be betting into broadway, but you are far from dead and betting has the added benefit of possibly causing a hand like J9 or T9 to fold which would beat you if you don't improve by the river.

wait, duh I forgot we have top 2 pair plus our royal draw. nevermind...I'm back to checking since betting out causes all worse hands to fold and all better hands to call.

T

T_slu4ay

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its hard to say something without info about ur stack in BBs