How to win with AJ?

C

CryptoBlood

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really like AJ I just increase my bet in start much more than on other hands and if others fold I won and if others call I probably won :)

AlexStar1981

AlexStar1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would go with AJ only played from late position or a limp on the BB and not aggressive.

K

kygamblr09

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wil always say this til i can't no more. AJ has no more power than my 2 cards you don't see. If you bet and i call with whatever than i have just as much chance to win as you do. So if you can sit at a table and hear many diff. hands people call out and say they can't win with. Usually its my AA gets beat all the time or this sit is rigged because everytime i get KK someone beats me with A rag. You know we all have heard these comments. So its nothing you are doing wrong in my opinion. J ust the luck of the cards

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
if I have AJo out of position normally i folded ... but if I'm in the button or cutoff I do 3-Bet ... and if I have AJs out of position i do 3-bet .. the same if I'm in the button or in the cutoff ..

Ian the Fish

Ian the Fish

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's easy. You avoid playing it. In fact, avoid playing tournaments, if you are looking for a type of poker that actually requires skill, play cash games. :) Good luck! Stay aggressive and play in position. Your cards only come after that in your list of priorities.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AJ along with KJ and AT is a lose a big pot but NEVER win a big pot hand. Just ask yourself how the hand is going to play out. Against a table of tight players it is a suicide hand to play.

P

Pulsar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, AJ hand is just crazy - as soon as I didn't try to play it check-call to all-in and kept losing!So I'll still qu method(correct method) of drawing this hand,the only thing I think she will win if the flop will come a straight or a flush,but this still has not happened to me,and to play these combinations easier!

Sergio_uy

Sergio_uy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For my AJ is a good hand for play post flop in table with flop is Jxx have a pair of J and your kicker is very good

deform fedot

deform fedot

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not understand what you .... even 2 4 is a weak hand, but you can also win it, the place on the table utg 1 or utg 2, or the big blind, does not have the same meaning as before. If you have А J to be sure of winning your hand should dominate over others, respectively, decide which combination you need either KD10 AJJ

G

GoroAdachi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
AJ is shove short stack, otherwise it is played same as ATs, not too strong, but can get strong on flop. Don't be afraid to fold to re-raise pre flop depending on position of the raise and how many behind u

fiddlesticks123

fiddlesticks123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker Tracker tells me that I've won a lot more with AT than AJ, whether it's suited or not. More than happy to fold AJ to a raise and certainly a reraise, but it does depend on position and who's doing the raising. I always get a bad feeling when I see AJ and try to never overestimate it.

Jayplay916

Jayplay916

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think any cards you play and how you bet them depends on posi tion how much chips you have and how you stack up against anyone that bets after you. I win with 92 suited or 10 2 it doesnt matter you always have to be concious of who your betting

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have to remember that AJ are just high cards, try to see the flop for cheap and if you don't get a good hand just fold don't chase an A or J.

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
AJ is a very dangerous card.

AJ is a very dangerous card. I like AJ suited but I try not to give a raise very much because I always have a chance that an opponent A with a kicker is older than J. But I often win with such a card, and if I'm in middle or late position, then almost always I raise or call someone else's raise. I do not even know what kind of advice you can give, here already see if you are lucky on this card or not.

Miketheman190

Miketheman190

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always feel better when I hit jack as the top pair with the ace for top kicker

B

bugiardops

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on the value that must be invested to play that hand and the position on the table.

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think to win with a j, you have to correctly categorize the hand. A J should be considered a good hand and not a great hand. Play it accordingly. You have to discover when and where to use it. It takes a lot of experience to know how this hand can act sometimes.

V

vpashuta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AJ is a good hand to call down with and I fold offsuit to any raise because what are you going to beat that someone is raising with- not AQ or AK .

J

jkyri

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Tips with AJ?

Recently played this hand:

AJ offsuit in cutoff, limps in utg+1 and 2 then middle position players both shove for 4.5k and one for 1.4k which leaves me with 1.6k and the decision, I call and folds round, end up against pocket 3's and A2 offsuit but no help on the run out.

Question is should I be mixing in a fold of AJ in similar situations here with 2 shoves in MP or is AJ too strong not to call here?

C

clasrasmusso

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on which position you're on, but otherwise you're too bad kicker if you're not sitting on any table where someone plays all hands,

sinatruces

sinatruces

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its for badlucky ., but AJ its not a badhand anymore

E

Ero2407

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't win with AJ.
TPGK is not work.

when I bet bet bet, opponet always have Two-pair, or more strong hand.
Depend of situations at position , you can make raise 4bb see the flop and then decide what to do , or call to all in when opponent with small pair

PuMa8818

PuMa8818

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Interestingly asked the question) How to win with AJ? Direct answer-to get into the street is likely to be enough)) And if you answer the question of how to play AJ, it's better not hurrying and overestimating the power of the hand.

M

Monkhouse1991

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
AJ is a very nice hand, but should be played carefully. Personally, AJ suited is my 8th favorite hand, it's actually won me the most hands. But with everything in poker, it is all based on variance. Try not to see the J as a strong face card, because generally you will get beat by higher kickers more than 50% of the time.

EVA777

EVA777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't win with AJ.
TPGK is not work.

when I bet bet bet, opponet always have Two-pair, or more strong hand.
Even with AA you do not always win! I try to play with strong hands carefully. If I only get a very strong hand on the flop, then Allin immediately! We must not forget about the position at this time and consider the possibility to continue the game even if everything goes wrong!