dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
You always need to play with a good card in your hand

You always need to play with a good card in your hand, it does not matter if you play against a regular or against a fish. If you have a ready-made combination or just a good card in your hand, then the chances of you to win a little, and if the fish is lucky against you, sooner or later this luck will end and you use your chance. Fish give away their chips, just wait for the right moment and take the whole stack.

steeler1970

steeler1970

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say to beat a fish is have more chips then them.

And watch how the fish bets in hands you are not in.

And make sure you put the fish all in every hand they play before the flop and make sure you have more chips then them so you can stay in the tournament

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont really know what is the problem with you and fishes. You need to adapt to opponent. You need to play tight and let him make a mistake. If he is loose you just wait for premium cards and beat him. Its really easy. It might be a little bit difficult because they are hugely unpredictable but with the tactic i presented is very easy.

lsbenn

lsbenn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have watched fish at the tables and they do not like tight players. Play tight and when you do get a hand take their chips.Don't worry for the fish will rebuy and you can take their chips over and over again til they r broke. BE PATIENT.

Empress

Empress

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play tight and bait the fish. If you try to catch a fish while they're making a lot of noise on their own, you're gonna get wet, so to speak.

alexanderst

alexanderst

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to pick up hands to beat a fish. They play high variance poker so if you want to tango with them, you need to accept that you are entering in a high variance situation.
If you don’t want profitable variance, then play tight and VALUE BET your marginal holding.
Agree

MoryMorte

MoryMorte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Heya all ~

I think it's being assumed that there's only one fish in a 10 handed game.

It's common knowledge (or it should be to those here!) that pair vs underpair is 80/20 respectively. It's close enough for pair vs undercards to make no difference. So if you're on a table with two or three fish, 10 handed, your glorious pocket aces are going to get you nowhere for very long. If they win, will your next pair stand up...? Unlikely.

You have to be lucky every time, only one of those fish needs to get lucky and one of them will.

So many players limping in on freerolls and micro stakes feed the fish. Don't encourage those scrubs. Don't limp, play tight, stay cool.

Keep Poker Tidy: fry a fish each day!

Peace all

Fry a fish each day. That’s kinda cruel but I love it lol.
I’m going to use this expression from now on. Thanks

djasset

djasset

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fish always look like they are winning because they are playing so many hands

B

Belus 08

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience is the key to beat a fish. They play so many hands that when you get a premium- or just a lucky hand, you will be able to rob a great part of their stack, eventually.

M

midoooo90

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh, it's about me:) I did not need to win, I will destroy itself soon:p

JusThieF

JusThieF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just be calm and await the good moment if u not playing hyper turbo it will come of course u may be unlucky even then but it does not happend many times.

R

Roonet_dtd

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Beat the fish

Don't try out play him by bluffing.. you can't bluff a fish , wait till you got the hand you need and make sure your ahead.. real fishes will always take big risk.. thats when you ship it!