how to survive the bubble ???

gavitocard

gavitocard

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you do in situations that are short and there are few left for payments?
I play aggressively, since I consider being tigh in that situation makes my rivals take advantage

Boston10111

Boston10111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can win a lot of chips playing aggressive on the bubble since no one wants to bust. Many players will fold preflop with strong hands that they would typically play. With that being said, be aggressive collect a lot of pots preflop, but if someone challenges you with a 3-bet they likely have a very strong hand and you should be cautious as you don’t want to bust on the bubble either and 3-bets on the bubble typically are not bluffs

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to tighten it up and let others bust out. It did usually work, but now I playing aggressively at the bubble. I've busted out both times that I have tried it. I'll stick with it though, I think the return is there. Good luck.

Last edited:
N

nameless1537

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If your goal is to be in the money, tighten up. If your goal is to win tournament, then go aggressive. It’s a lot easier to win a tournament when you have a solid stack after the bubble bursts.

darthjewel

darthjewel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play a lot of satellites and usually prefer just to get into the prize position.
I try to get 'inside of the bubble ' before forming. Around the bubble I play tight.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer to wait. You may come across a powerful hand if you play aggressively. You'll be left with nothing.

Y

yoejslattery

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think with a short stack you have to be cautious and try to make the money.

I agree that many medium stacks will fold good hand after good hand on the bubble, but once you start getting aggressive the big stacks will start to look you up and then you could be busto.

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It depends on what goal I set for myself. If my goal is get into the money, then I start to drag out time and wait until I get into the money, and if my goal is to take a place as high as possible in the tournament, then I play aggressively in order to earn as much stack as possible and compete for more valuable prizes. In general, the correct strategy is considered, which will lead you to a higher place in the tournament, this information was suggested to me by a friend of mine who has been earning professionally playing online poker for a long time.

B

bigpappa325

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ive come to the decision that i fold all hands at the bubble. Specially all in with aces or kings. Ive made several final tables just making the pass. I used to exploit it because so many want the itm that they fold them hands. But i have had more bad beats around this moment. Its really your play. Final table is really when the luck matters the most. Everybody playing knows how to play. So whos the luckiest or presented to be the luckiest wins.

See you at the tables.:bath:

jadaminato

jadaminato

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ive come to the decision that i fold all hands at the bubble. Specially all in with aces or kings. Ive made several final tables just making the pass. I used to exploit it because so many want the itm that they fold them hands. But i have had more bad beats around this moment. Its really your play. Final table is really when the luck matters the most. Everybody playing knows how to play. So whos the luckiest or presented to be the luckiest wins.

See you at the tables.:bath:

I do not agree with you, luck is not the most important thing in the final table, but skill. And if you fold aces and kings before the bubble then you will enter the money many times, but few will reach the final table.

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bubble is the right moment to steal blinds, we must seize those with few chips, and steal their blinds.

eurosTotnd

eurosTotnd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the bubble you have to attack( steal ) the medium stack sizes players they will be affraid of loosing it so they will go ultra tight , avoid players with a big stack since they can pay you with a small portion of their stack to take you out its a psycho game based on stake sizes

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Money bubble - continue to play the same game that got me to this point.

Final table bubble - TAG.

Of course both situations are almost entirely dependent on OUR chip stack size, blind level and overall table dynamic.

Not many (any) winning players are playing LAG with a short stack - it's entirely TAG. They are either all-in pre or they are folding. Be wary of any short stack who limps in position or min-raises oop.

Often at the final table bubble blinds are so large - every player is all-in or fold preflop, so playing aggressive (calling wider) is a recipe for busto OR winning it all, totally dependent on luck of the cards.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are on the bubble and you cannot comfortably fold yourself into the money then it's fine to be aggressive. But if you should be able to fold your way in then it's better to wait until you've made the money to open up. Of course, if I get AA I would go in every time.

Today I tossed away AK suited from UTG when I was one player away from the money because the big stacker was calling loosely and had position on me. The shortest stack on another table busted out literally before the hand was over in my table, so I could have played it, but no regrets.

danix

danix

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I open my range and play very aggressively pre flop because it is the moment I can raise my stack to reach a comfortable final table. Moment most players get ultra tight, reduce their range only to premium hands.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on our stack, if there is a large stack (and you need to take into account the efficiency of the stack) opportunity-you need to push, if small - drag out time

O

obli

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As far as I noticed, the best game will turn out if I do not notice this stage))

JOINMYTABLE

JOINMYTABLE

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it has to happen , it happens.