How to solve internet connection problems during a poker tournament?

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I feell thankfull having my android as a back up if internet connection fails , which unfortunatelly happens many times since I moved to a new home . My internet connection isn't stable at all , paying the same money and getting lower standard internet service than the others , very frustrating . I have to change my internet provider... ...

W

wpilson70

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It’s the internet. You’re always going to lose connection at one point or another. Lol at the rookies who’ve said it’s never happened to them. If you've been online for more than fifteen minutes in your entire career, it’s going to happen.

Something that’s ALWAYS worked for me. Especially if I’m playing a tourney worth more than a ten dollar buy in. I turn off all the shit running in the background. I don’t try to play 12 tables at once. I’m not watching YouTube or downloading seasons 1-6 of GOT or SOA

And VOILA. No disconnects. No lag. No “slow dealt” hands.

Someone mentioned fix your internet and another said upgrade the carrier. These are wise options as well. If you’re paying $10 a month for internet or poaching the neighbors WIFI, both of those are reasons why you might experience disconnections.

Try it. See what happens.

jmateuspoker

jmateuspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my country has greatly improved the internet

but in fact if you have to many tables and have connection problems and affect your game is really terrible one of the worst things that can happen

Imagine you with 10 BB's or less in a tournament about to enter ITM and is sitting out or close to a final table where the table runs very quickly this is terrible

I avoid the hours that the internet is prone to fall and have two internets a mobile data and normal to try to have the cover of another when a fault

GI

:jd4:mateuspoker

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This happened to me the other night when I was playing a few sit n goes.. There wasnt much I could do until the internet came back on..

ayahuasca

ayahuasca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To fix your internet problem just fix your internet problem. It should probably work.

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I also usually switch to mobile internet, if my Wi-Fi stops working. Still a little stressful when such thing happens, as switching takes time and sometimes time is crucial.

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well basically I do the same thing having a spare internet for situations where there is disconnection

S

Salteballe

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
use 4 G. and 5G is coming soon.