how to play when the deck does not help?

samircyber9

samircyber9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lately I never got good hands when I get is always someone better, how to play?:confused:

791a791

791a791

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
patience

I'm used to it when the deck doesn't help the best thing is to have patience

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play position, if you have a read on another player, play to weakness and raise with nothing if odds are they will fold. That takes some skill, but it is something you are going to have to build on to be successful.

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If this is happening as you described consider what opening ranges you are playing and open it up based on position and the action on the table.

Sometimes the deck is not your friend but your opponents shouldn't be able to tell so apply pressure where you can and try to get a read on your opponents where you can show strength if you have been folding for a while

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
If I am card dead then I try to raise first in in some spots. My table image which is tight helps me to trick my opponents that I have a super nutted starting hand. I open raise hands with blockers in later positions Ax , Kx , no matter the kicker or some suited / one gapper suited connectors which they flop well.

I don't know if this is a good strategy but it works for me.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The period when only bad cards come in happens to everyone, this should be endured and played further, taking into account the fact that the absence of premium cards should not cause discomfort.

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
and just play in position and be cleaning out of positions with mediocre caryas that at some point these cards help you to double up, don't just wait for that AA KK QQ that is very difficult to come in in these situations, so if you see that your tournament is in this way apply the power of the donkey and clean those hands with JT J9 T9 89 79 69 all suited that one hour the drill hits and just let the river help you!

donmoore30

donmoore30

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Postition

Play a wider range of hands on the button and in the cutoff, especially if the 2 to the left are playing tight!

Don