how to play when the deck does not help?

whanfox

whanfox

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lately I never got good hands when I get is always someone better, how to play?:confused:

biaavia

biaavia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
only waiting good hands. Or steeling sometimes if your bankroll let to do this.Or you could do some rest for couple days))))))

T

theevildub

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bluffs work every now and then...but if there is a big pot, dont try to steal it because you are probably up against strong hands.

some days, you will NOT get good cards. its better to just play for an hour or two and slowly lose your money rather than losing it all on one bad hand. (if that makes sense).

your luck goes up and down in poker. the lucky streak WILL come ... just be patient.

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
when the deck only send you bad cards, you need to be patient and wait for a better hand. with position you may play a wider range of cards.
The key advice is be patient and analyze your opponents and their strategy to adjust accordingly. :deal:

Zehntar

Zehntar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I got in really deep in a 3400 entrance MTT the other day (32th place) by playing only 14% of my hands, out of nearly 300 hands.. which only is 42 hands.. and 14% is a bit too tight actually, but I had a bad run of cards.. but everything's possible mate :) Just keep on playing.. your run will come! Good luck!

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Take a stab here and there when you are on the button. Try to work position even though you have air. If your cards are dead at least try to change gears a little to make it look like you have holdings.

MoeJurphy

MoeJurphy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
@ribbybruno agreed, better that slowly stack off your chips waiting on premium hand than shoving your 15bb with weak suited connectors etc.

danndourado

danndourado

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You must have to pay atention your villains. See which is more agressive and attack their blinds or miniraises. It's very effective to move against them with weak hands.

fred_antunes

fred_antunes

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Identify opponents and seize opportunities .

M

moosepaw

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lately I never got good hands when I get is always someone better, how to play?:confused:

You haven't been playing for very long, or you're just very down on yourself. In either case, you have to be extremely mentally cognizant of the variance in poker. Best idea would be to take a small break, let out the funk, and go back to playing tight.

R

RodrigoCL

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try stealing the blinds when the antes are in. You can do this with air basically (you don't need a "real" hand), but beware of the players you are trying to steal from. If they are thinking players, they will probably have noticed you have not played in a while and might put you on a very tight range when you open (even from late position), so they will probably not defend lightly. That being said, even if you don't hit the flop when they defend, you can represent a strong range and take down the pot with a cbet.

Also, try stealing if the SB and BB players are tight (again, air against tight should work), but if a tight player defends, think twice before cbetting.

Everybodylovesdeuces

Everybodylovesdeuces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm going through a tough spot right now where I feel that I'm getting more than my fair share of bad cards. Everyone goes through this. It often starts a vicious cycle of bad play. I try to either drop down in stakes, play a different variant of poker (currently on a BigO kick), or go back and hit the books/videos and try to study and see where I can improve my game. A combo of those usually helps me break through.

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Nothing. Wait until the cards go. When I have bad cards and I'm bluffing, in most cases I get into the opponent's nuts :))) And try to do a good siezes on your nuts.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would first establish a tight table image by folding a lot of hands. Wait until a bunch of people fold so not many are in the pot and you have good position and if a high card comes on the flop bet 1/3 to 1/2 the pot and hope the high card didn't hit anyone. If you have a tight image people will probably believe it hit you and fold.

biaavia

biaavia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes another table better can be.But I think that if you can wait,you could have high ITM place.Good Luck

T

Two6JJ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The wrestling match with variance is a long one and only patience will let you make the profitable play enough to win. Yes that may mean playing boring poker when the card gods leave you out in the cold for a couple of orbits or longer. You will appreciate the card rush when it comes and you will still have equity that you can stick in the middle.

V

vaci38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is easy to say wait a good hand , I'm terribly upset when I play poker and I can not get any good hand , I played at party poker and a half hours I did not get any good hand it seems to me that the Party Poker hates me :mad:

T

Turn7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Waiting for good hands and perhaps shoving in. In late position you could raise 5-6BB and perhaps the blinds are yours! ;-)

R

Robsaboat

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it also depends on what you see as good hands. You might need to open your range and look for late steal opportunities. Learn opening hand ranges and push/fold opportunities when you have 15 BB.

P

Predatorkc

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me thats when the skill comes in , cause almost everybody "knows" what to do with Premium and top hands, but when you dont get those hands you need to put your experience to check, trying to look for good spots , make more risky moves , 3-bet light , bluff , or steal the blinds , those little things is what can make you have an Edge . GL !