how to play? (final tourney)

A

AllOut

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everyone, I need your thoughts/helps on this spot. I'll be playing freshman school tournament which is final one of May period. Right now, I'm first on leaderboard but as you know it's dangerous due the type of these tourneys. It's turbo, 3000 starting stacks with around 140 enrollers held on every monday and wednesday of the week. There's 45 minute of late registration which is tricky since I realized players seeking for points join it in the 1 minutes before it ends. You'll have only10bb this way, however most of the time they still managed to survive and reach higher places, got stable points every time. For example, on April I became second winner.
The thing is I played normal, joined in time but made lot of mistakes. There've been times I didn't care about points, played loose and passed some tourneys without catching points. But the first place played whole period joining on 1 minute before late reg ends, took stable 10-20 points everytime. His best result on overall was second place which he faced me in HU and I won ;)

Now, how do you think I should play this one? I've never seen the second or third places joined in late reg. But fourth placed player is always joining in 44th minute of late reg. It's confusing spot I'd please to have experienced player's help, thanks!

Attachments

• APRIL FRESHMAN.jpg
    APRIL FRESHMAN.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 34
  • F LEADERBOARD.jpg
    F LEADERBOARD.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 34
A

AllOut

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everyone, I need your thoughts/helps on this spot. I'll be playing freshman school tournament which is final one of May period. Right now, I'm first on leaderboard but as you know it's dangerous due the type of these tourneys. It's turbo, 3000 starting stacks with around 140 enrollers held on every monday and wednesday of the week. There's 45 minute of late registration which is tricky since I realized players seeking for points join it in the 1 minutes before it ends. You'll have only10bb this way, however most of the time they still managed to survive and reach higher places, got stable points every time. For example, on April I became second winner.
The thing is I played normal, joined in time but made lot of mistakes. There've been times I didn't care about points, played loose and passed some tourneys without catching points. But the first place played whole period joining on 1 minute before late reg ends, took stable 10-20 points everytime. His best result on overall was second place which he faced me in HU and I won ;)

Now, how do you think I should play this one? I've never seen the second or third places joined in late reg. But fourth placed player is always joining in 44th minute of late reg. It's confusing spot I'd please to have experienced player's help, thanks!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
update - won.

Attachments

• May turnir won.jpg
    May turnir won.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 18