ramorleans

ramorleans

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi guys,

Any tips on how you play the bubble? Let say you have 11BB behind and its a turbo, do you shove all in on anything or do you wait for A high low kicker?

D

Dewitten

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It really depends on the position you're in. 10-A,QQ,JJ,KK,AA,QA,JA,KA,10-10, you could shove in all position.

ramorleans

ramorleans

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What about A-KQJ10, 99-66 UTG? Would you shove?

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Are any players at the table short stacked? Someone could take you off the bubble.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
If you have 11bb and you are on the bubble, then your choices are limited, and with the first interesting couple of cards you must go all in.

from254

from254

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
KE
Chips
sometimes it depends on how long a level takes... for me the more time there is per level... the more choosy i would be with my hands... If there is less time per level...then would shove with almost anything that looks co ordinated

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Competent play at this stage leads to getting into prizes and earning money. First of all, it is worth assessing the situation at the table, analyze the information about the opponents that you have collected throughout the tournament and estimate the size of your stack.If you have a big stack, you need to be more aggressive, steal blinds, and force your opponents to fold on a dangerous flop. If you are the chip leader, none of the opponents will get involved in a confrontation with you without a good hand. Opponents will play very tight. Each of them will want to get into the prizes. Rather, they will grit their teeth and throw away a lot of hands just to stay in the tournament. But you should not use such tricks against aggressive maniacs.

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello.
If i have a comfortable stack i prefer calm game on the bubble.
Sometimes it's even interesting to watch the hand at another tables when my table's game stops.

S

Sopt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SI
Chips
I'd say that it really depends on what kind of tournament you playing, is it a one with a lot of participants and you expect some other people to drop out fast? In that case if I was short stacked I'd just wait to get into the money and not risk it, unless I get really strong hand like AA, KK and such. If it's a SnG with like 90 people overall and bubble might drag out, you play differently of course and the range must be bigger. But yea, overall I prefer a tight approach when short stacked and aggressive approach when I have a lot of chips on bubble.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi guys,

Any tips on how you play the bubble? Let say you have 11BB behind and its a turbo, do you shove all in on anything or do you wait for A high low kicker?
With 11BB, it's better to play push or fold strategy. Hand range to push fold depends on your position. TT+, AQ+ is allin push from all positions.

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it depends on the position and if it's on the exact bubble with one left to go, with 11 BB I would shove UTG +88, AJo+, A10s+, KJs+.

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Carefully, very carefully...
Of course, it may still happen that you will be eliminated before ITM, but if you are patient and even lucky, you can get into the paid places.
More than once I reached the final table without even being sure that I would survive even the bubble.
And here comes the fact that this also requires luck, because this is not an everyday story.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what is the effective stack and stacks of opponents? , if mine is bigger, definitely play aggressively, if it's less, hide and play only with premium hands

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Hi guys,

If other players have even smaller stacks, then you need to play very carefully, especially if the jumps in payouts for higher places are quite large.

Sometimes it can be more profitable to fold even a very strong hand than risk it.

It is impossible to give any general advice for any tournament situation. A good tip is to learn icm and constantly practice the programs and hand analysis on the forum.

exer888

exer888

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SK
Chips
Depends on variety of players at your table. Example, if they are tight. your range can be wide in late possition. You dont need to commit whole stack, you can just open 2 bb. It wont matter on your stack, because 11 or 9 bb is the same thing, but at the end if you win pot, 2.5, 3 bb is a matter of fact huge thing for your stack. So my advice to you is observe and be patient, observe whos with chipleader is aggresive , thats the best way to steal juicy pot. Good luck at tables.

O

odonob

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Push or fold, you can fold but risk not making the later stages.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Hi guys,

Well whether or not there are players with even smaller stack then in cases like this ^ most 2 foolproof options would be :sleep: and/or showing timewasting masterclass (every single hand) ...

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
you can learn how to play poker with 10-15 bb and you will already know exactly which cards are better to play or fold, and then you will have no doubt even if you lose it will be the right decision but you can lose, and if you don't want to just wait for a strong hand and wait for the money

P

pokerD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
a lot depends on what position you are in. Sometimes I play aggressively.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It also depends on how big the field is - if it's thousands of people and people are dropping like flies the bubble doesn't last that long so I wouldn't play anything but premiums on a short stack, if it's a smaller field the bubble can last a long time and you can't just sit back and get eaten by the blinds, you're going to have to pick some spots.

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
friend, close to the bubble is a separate game.
11 bbs is a lot to think about, especially not making stupid plays.
and position and who you're playing against are things to think about in addition to your stack.