m0t22

m0t22

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
how to play aggressive poker player?

Good evening, i'd like to know how to play aggressive poker player?

I have dealt with a lot of aggressive players and would like some tips. Sometimes I identify some size bet patterns, but only after hand plays.
What do you guys think about them? How to play? Which tools to use? How to extract the maximum when value? Use check / raise?

go go and good luck to everyone

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there are two types of aggressive players,
the aggressive player who knows how to play
and the aggressive player who does not know how to play and is bingo player style

T

Tylor Mendez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are different types of aggression:

Tight Aggressive: Putting in raises and 3bets with good hands.

Loose Aggressive: Putting in raises and 3bets with hands like suited connectors.

Its even a little loose to 3bet hands like Ajo and KQ, but they are good to 3bet in position because you have cards that block them from having stronger hands like QQ-KK-AA. You having these hands makes it less likely they do.

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
To be honest, I'm annoying aggressive players

To be honest, I'm annoying aggressive players. Against them it's hard to play. When such a player comes to the table and every time steals my blinds, I try to answer all inns for his raise, when a good card. It is necessary to use the aggressiveness of this player. When you often wake all-in, this player will stop stealing your blinds. Typically, these players lose all their chips, except when they are very lucky, then it's useless to fight with such an opponent.

V

valanddon

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I play an aggressive poker player with paience because
when you do hit a good hand you can reel them in. Try reraiseing them
once and see if he folds, that might slow them down. Hope you don't
get caught with them having a better hand. Good Luck!

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
there are many strategies to play aggressively ... however beyond playing your strong hands very aggressive ... you must have a good reading of the villains at your table ... so in this way you can define an aggressive game strategy Against them...!

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sit back and watch and wait for your spot. They will make the mistake if you allow enough time.

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on the situation if he is agressive every hand it is obvious sometimes he is bluffing wait until you have a strong hand then reraise or all in.:):):)

vapandrei

vapandrei

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like playing against over-the-top aggressive players, if I'm being honest. When I switch up my plays, I get aggressive sometimes, but from experience.. you'll need to have a good BR, if you're going to play like that. The swings can be exponentially larger, even if you're a good player.

hyperion

hyperion

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wait for a premium hand and take courage to go all in without fear.
I hate agressive players but these guys make the game more exciting.

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there are two types of aggressive players,
the aggressive player who knows how to play
and the aggressive player who does not know how to play and is bingo player style

I agree with this, I believe you first need to know if this player actually knows what they are doing or not. I've have came to realize the best way to do this is watch what they showdown, and remember there betting patterns. Once you do that, and have a handle on if this player is actually good or not. You can then move on to step 2...

Against a player that actually knows what they are doing. I tighten up my open range (if I don't have position), and tighten up my call open range (if I do have position). Now the trick is to get a good feel for their range, and adjust your 3Bet range accordingly based off position. Typically this means loosing your 3bet range. My rule of thumb is, "If I wouldn't open with it, I'm not playing it, but if I would open with it, I'm 3betting it against this player." Because if your playing tighter, and open up with a 3Bet, you will take down the pot about half the time. If they do call, you will typically have position, and they will check to you. (unless they are crazy aggressive, and like to donk to keep control, something else to take notes on. Do they donk when they have it, or when they don't?) then at this point you can play fit or fold for the most part. Your gonna know if you have a hand by the turn or not. When you do hit, normally they will pay your off. So don't get discouraged when you 3bet and don't hit. Just know you will hit, and they will pay you off.

now against a player that doesn't know what they are doing....Its fit or fold, and look to trap with top pair, when there isn't a draw on the board, and you have a A kicker. lol easy enough.

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with this, I believe you first need to know if this player actually knows what they are doing or not. I've have came to realize the best way to do this is watch what they showdown, and remember there betting patterns. Once you do that, and have a handle on if this player is actually good or not. You can then move on to step 2...

Against a player that actually knows what they are doing. I tighten up my open range (if I don't have position), and tighten up my call open range (if I do have position). Now the trick is to get a good feel for their range, and adjust your 3Bet range accordingly based off position. Typically this means loosing your 3bet range. My rule of thumb is, "If I wouldn't open with it, I'm not playing it, but if I would open with it, I'm 3betting it against this player." Because if your playing tighter, and open up with a 3Bet, you will take down the pot about half the time. If they do call, you will typically have position, and they will check to you. (unless they are crazy aggressive, and like to donk to keep control, something else to take notes on. Do they donk when they have it, or when they don't?) then at this point you can play fit or fold for the most part. Your gonna know if you have a hand by the turn or not. When you do hit, normally they will pay your off. So don't get discouraged when you 3bet and don't hit. Just know you will hit, and they will pay you off.

now against a player that doesn't know what they are doing....Its fit or fold, and look to trap with top pair, when there isn't a draw on the board, and you have a A kicker. lol easy enough.
the poker player who believes that everything in poker is just luck, is wrong, has a bad idea and perception of what it is to play poker

PuMa8818

PuMa8818

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is not entirely clear what exactly you want. Being a loose player? Aggressively, you can play tight hands. But there is an option that you will not get with them)) So, as Doyle Brunson said: We must constantly switch speeds

C

clasrasmusso

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Be patient when you get a good hand, you have great opportunities to win, but you have to be patient and not be irritated.

XYZ2123

XYZ2123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'm not sure but I think you want to know how to handle not just aggressive players, but overly-aggressive players. Like some of the others have said, you have to sit back and wait for a good hand and play aggressively back at them (re-raise or even go all in if necessary). Most of they have nothing. They're just intimidating you with constant raises. Unfortunately there will always be some risk against these players since they rarely let you see a flop for a good price, and it sucks when they you finally decide to play back at them and they actually have a big hand.

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
TAG(tight aggressive) - build a quality range for this player. They tend to overplay top pair so make sure when they're betting into you when you have two pair or a set just call down and on the river value bet or jam depending on board texture and position. This is the second most common player you'll come across. Usually big on older poker books like Super System

LAG(loose agreesive) - play them with a wide range of hands and see a lot of flops. They'll view checks as weakness so trapping big hands is very good line to take or whatever it takes to induce them to bluff. Don't fold when you hit unless board runs out as poorly as possible. They will put you to the test with all ins with air more frequently then any other type of player

M

Manifestor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Against aggressive players it is better to play from a position, and sometimes to limp them, so you can take away the lion's share of the stack, and they will think in the next few times before making 2-3 bet.