How to play with aggressive chip leader?

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
thia case is sensitive if you're at bubble. however, is recommendable to wait a strong hand to shove. avoid to call if your stack is not enough whit cards like A9, QK because if you don't connect a pair or better at flop, you will findyourself in a terrible situation and you'll have to fold or shove (too risky)

R

ritehere

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chances are he got to be the chip leader by playing aggressively. If you have strong hand, play back at him.

R

Rodrigo sampaio

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is very relative

It is very relative <depends on many factors that need vc swarming to not lose chips without ncessidade. The position that you are, and especially the historical of each player at the table, some are vain pro game with high cards, other bluff a lot, so you only will realize the pattern of each during the game, to know what you can do in each situation, more of course with lots of you is comfortable for very precionar players largarem their hands and thus earn a lot more chips, because at some point the tournament some people do not want to risk

Jester36rus

Jester36rus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
slow playing with good hand in position. But if you have no good hand for a time, look at that how often he use fold button. If it is nearly never -- you may risk with average hands to cut his stack. If he folds adequate to reraise or push -- use unconvinient posistion for him to beat him out. Something like this

S

shaveazz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i try to bust that guys with soe good reads. maybe i got luck, maybe not. try to think like the chipleader

BogdanStark

BogdanStark

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yesterday I've been crashed by A5o against my AJs. That was big stack agressor, so I can't say about specific strategy to play with, because of that simple situation (with crashed strong Ace) happend very often.

protuva35

protuva35

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yesterday i bee argessiv 2 time whit QQ and i lose 2 time in 4 heands,bed lacky
i think,i open promo match and 2 time need me a Q for open
challenge match

apeedgovi

apeedgovi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well shove is always an option IMO, and they do fold quite often too. Of course its best to have a at least Ax or a small pair. And don't be afraid when it's bubble, because it is time when big stacks love to bully everyone even with trash hands.

K

kapos77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
wait for good cards and go to the oll in

MsNutHand

MsNutHand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that the best way to play with agressive player is playing TAG and using the check-call raise strategy when with strong or nut hands to pick their bluffs!

CriesuaID

CriesuaID

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Aggressive chip leader usually raise even if he have bad hand,so if you reraise he fold often enough.

Exactly.

Another option is just play excellent hands, but you can't be unlucky as a bad hand can win too.

Jester36rus

Jester36rus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just another case))) fold everytime))

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
play on the contrary, if he is agressive you have to be tight and wait for a good map

P

Paranoi6

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the way to play with the aggressive chip leader is to wait for the right time when top 5% premium hands you are dealt, if one hand of those play calling station if you hit the hand , or play aggressive if the board structure is dry and play cautiously if hes betting aggressively on heavy board structure.

Moreover everyone has its own style to play either against aggressive or loose player.

Wish you luck at the tables.

A

AhiRaviv

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Shove on small stacks

play aggressive when you hit..
bet high when you have a read on smaller stacks

A

AhiRaviv

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Wait for Monsters and shove

cheap leaders will always try to squeeze smaller stacks.
wait for Monster hands and either limp- shove or shove immediately

Y

yurok42

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
against the chip leader playing the top band reception AQ + 1010+

ByronP

ByronP

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i agree with most of the post here. Position and aggression win at poker

C

chng1t

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As a chip leader you should, you should put pressure on your opponents, by opening wider, but not crazy: for example if your standard opening from UTG+1 was AJo, then now you can open ATo, also you can start opening from the CO same range you would open from the BTN, when chipleading. Put opponent in tough spots, especially on the bubble, may be even double barrel with weak holding as it will put a lot of pressure! GL:)