how to play with absentees at the table

Nathan Smith

Nathan Smith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A table full of absentees is a great time to steal and slowly chip up.

Minus272c

Minus272c

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You got to play the ammount of players at the table.
The less players involved the greater value average hands get.

example, AT is much better 3 way then 9 way.

Simply play more hands, see more flops ;)

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very frustarting when there is an absentee player in the big blind and your small blind or button. Then people repeatedly come over the top with you with trash to get the big blind. I would be inclined to play stronger hands and take a bigger pot when in a good spot. But the situation is often worse than when the player is not absent and you get a silly battle for the dead money. Unless of course it is folded you and then easy money! Although it often does not work tha way.

M

Maurits92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally try to up my aggression a little bit when there's people sitting out in the blinds. This is just dead money in the pot, giving me better pot odds when raising.

P

pecam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes there are players in the majority of freerolls who are absent, they make us pay most hands just for stealing those blinds. but for trying to steal blinds they take us out of the tournament It would be best to steal those hands only with cards that definitely give us a game or you who believe?
if you are the last to play before absent people you just 3 bet for2 BB and then you see, most of the time you win the hand. If the person wake up just at this time, see you card and choose if you continue or not

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The more sitters there are the worse limps and calls become, live players burn equity and give it to the sitters with each limp and call.

D

duson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just try to take the blinds after the other active players have folded unless you have a hand worth playing. You'll steal a few blinds but not all of them unless you've got a whole table worth of inactives.

A

Ant467

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When the table there are missing people I play more aggressive and try to pick them up the blinds. Quietly taking their bank itself

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the best is to steal the blinds taking into account two criteria
the first is the position in the table. it is easier to bluff 3 or 4 players and the second is the reputation you have at the table. The more you play tight, the more the players will have to respect you and not come and tickle you :)

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If bb are great, I think if worth the risk to steal, for example if you are in middle position, cutoff, or botton, and one or two absent, I think you can try to steal with hands like 78 89 10J JQ, and if someone makes you call, two things can happen, or double your stack or salts removed, nothing happens if you have a good bank management should not care leave eliminated from a tournament. gl