How to play a short stack mode?

3ccasd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Often your short stack will call, knowing that they will not lose much against you, but the blinds will not want to steal, fearing that you can make all in.

ledge4131

ledge4131

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I echo what many of the posters have already said ... 10 BB's or less you have to shove. For what it's worth, you get two other callers and win the pot, you are back in the game. Limp into a pot hoping to hit, invites nothing but trouble. It pays to be aggressive late in the game!

slurredreaction

slurredreaction

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My general rule of thumb is if you fall under 11 BB's you are shoving all in when you finally decide you want to play a hand. If I am in late position and nobody has raised I like to shove an Ace/Anything all in to steal the blinds and the one's who just called. Pocket pairs are also a definite shove if the position is right and no one has raised before action gets to me.

Lerts

Lerts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its not being short stacked period. How ever in big tournys especially deep down, lets say for example you were deep stack and went into a coin-flip with another deep stack and lost and now short stacked. You should be playing your shove/allin ranges. Mines in a situation as ive explained would be like A8+

pashkawell

pashkawell

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the stack is very small, you need to shove any loose hand.

S

stokedog4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We need to define short stack first. I'd say most people say 15bb's or less is short stacked. With a stack like that you should be push/folding hands.

It also depends on the stage of mtt. Lets say you have 15bbs, and there are 18 players left. (top 15 get paid). And there are 4 players that have shorter stacks than you. I wouldn't shove unless I am the first one in the pot, i'm in late position, and the stacks behind me are all medium stacks. Shorter stacks and bigger stacks will call you down with marginal hands.

IMO if you have 20bbs, you can raise fold in some situations, but once you get to 15 or fewer you should be willing to get it in and keep a healthy stack.

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
Short stack strategy

at Intellipoker they used to teach the SSS Short Stack Strategy. the strategy was to play only top hands and almost always very aggressively.
In a big Tournament as far as many players is not much problem, but if it is a big tournament based on money, I will not advice to play Short stacked, since you will not be able to defend your blinds and blinds will eat your money fast. :deal:

GRANDPAPA929

GRANDPAPA929

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If the short stack is sitting in the blind, do with the button miniraise or raise 2.5 BB

Remember this rule. If you haven't delved into the wilds of the strategy of playing against short stacks, just take this rule for granted. Making a small raise size from the button, you cut off the short stack to go all in on the flop (if we're talking about adequate the game). Why is this happening? The short stacks in this case, it is necessary to put the Bank more chips to win less – it is simply unprofitable, which side do not look. It is quite another thing, if you make a raise 3-5BB, here is an all-in seems to be quite attractive.

Masi2197

Masi2197

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good with a short stack is very simple is to all or nothing just wait and have patience and better choose the hand with which you throw an all in not speculate, call is not an option,

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Usually tha short stack play your good hands, he only go all in with better hands.

Sergiy777

Sergiy777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just Go All In With Any Good Hand.

MoryMorte

MoryMorte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are two things, being behind a short stack it's not easy but playing one is easy and straight forward.