How to play a medium size stack?

D

Dantigua

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Guys I find I have some difficulty in making decisions with a stack of between 30-60BB - usually reference to a DS MTT.

70BB+ I am usually playing a wider range of hands... almost what I would play if it were a cash game. Raising with any pair any position, playing broadway and suited connectors more aggressively. I know, there is an atguement for tighter play in a tournament, but having experimented with both, this approach suits me better.

At about 25 BB or less I feel comfortable in playing my stack and know what to play and where.

At the mdeium size (30-60BB) I find that I am not sure on how to play some starting hands. For example, I have 66 in middle pos.... if I am first in should I still be raising to enter the pot here? If I have KJ suited in the Cut Off and Middle Pos raises 3 or 4XBB, is it worth a call?

This stack size seems to be the most precarious because one pot can effectively make you short stacked. Should I just adopt a tight approach completely and only play premium hands under the gun, mid pairs and high broadway in middle position and then other hands from late?

Thanks for your help