How often do people make final table in MTT's

Lupus

Lupus

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Am a part time player and would make final table once or twice a month. Now i get to a final table at least once a week at least. Might play 30 mtt over a week. I'd like to think that means i am getting better

toots babos

toots babos

ex-tornament grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Field sizes please for some context before we reply with our opinions!

Lupus

Lupus

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
ACR micro stakes for example. $1-5. Anywhere from 150 to @ 400 people.

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Field size is definitely a factor, on 888 I can FT a few times a month, sometimes I get a handful in a week or a couple in a day, those are usually 100-400, occasionally I’ll do it in a field of 4000+
Those are small stake games, when I win tickets to bigger games I just can’t do it��
To bad my bad BRM keeps my balance low too:(

B

BIGAUS

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
For ACR micro stakes, while my MTT play has gone down lately, at its prime where I was playing around 20-30 a week, I would probably average anywhere from 3-7 FTs a week. I usually pick smaller fields closer to 150 people rather than 400, so that helps my chances at a FT where the prizes are bigger.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everything depends on the number of players in the tournament and the number of tournaments played.If the number of players in the tournament does not exceed 500 people, I think in such a tournament you can get to the final table once a week.If there are more than 2000 people in the tournament, then this is already problematic.Sometimes people can't get to the final table for months, there are a lot of factors

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Am a part time player and would make final table once or twice a month. Now i get to a final table at least once a week at least. Might play 30 mtt over a week. I'd like to think that means i am getting better

It really depends on the size of the tournament you are playing in. If there is say 100 players I probably make the final table every 9 or 10 tournaments. I do play a lot of tournaments with 600+ and there if lucky I would make it once every 60-65 tournaments.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I remember reading an article with tournament poker statistics. Top tournament pro's finish ITM around 25-30% of the time and make it to final take around 10% of the time.