How often do people generally go all in

Jonesey10123

Jonesey10123

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't really go all in as a rule and it is annoying when people do especially when your big blind any suggestion on how to play. Or is it just depending on the cards in hand

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cards, positions, stack seizes, notes, range, bubble. I think its better if you could bring some examples here, and we could try to guess why the person went all-in! Please show the whole party at least!

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hard to say to be hones. Some people never go all in unless its Aces or kings and there are time its just about all they do but that's rare.

As for what to do, it really depends on the situation and what you have. If there all in is small say 8BB I will call more widely. If there jamming 200BB it is Aces and kings for the most part.

1KrazyMofo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the question needs more context, I'll assume you mean tournaments, and it depends on structure/ how many bb you have/ how many bb you are calling/ etc.

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
I don't really go all in as a rule and it is annoying when people do especially when your big blind any suggestion on how to play. Or is it just depending on the cards in hand
You shouldn't make it a rule to not go allin . Sometimes it is in fact the correct move
Just a well meant advice .

romerim

romerim

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Two main reasons. Either we have the best hand and want to increase the pot size, or we have a big bluff and hope our opponent folds.

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I try not to tbh...it's a mugs game without the nuts

PokerEdge

PokerEdge

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
HU
Chips
Általában nem megyek all-inre, és bosszantó, ha az emberek ezt teszik, különösen akkor, ha a nagyvak bármilyen javaslatot tesz a játékkal kapcsolatban. Vagy ez csak a kézben lévő kártyáktól függ
Very often it does not depend on the cards. Many times he just wants to isolate us, for which only a medium combination, for example Ax, is enough, but actually, as others have written, it depends on a lot of factors (where the competition is, stack sizes, icm, villain...etc.).

M

mssmotilda

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are also those who play only all-ins. These are just annoying, do not let you play poker.

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We have to expect a good hand against these types of players, they are ideal for doubling our chips.

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Why does it annoy you ? You don't think that absolutely all players play bingo ???.... Apparently when you go all-in it annoys other players, haven't you thought about that ???

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Why does it annoy you ? You don't think that absolutely all players play bingo ???.... Apparently when you go all-in it annoys other players, haven't you thought about that ???
So are you playing for yourself or to please others :unsure:
If your play, style or whatever annoy's others then clearly you are doing something right.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Surely once you get short , e.g. 12bb or less all-in is the only play that makes sense preflop. Never quite understand the 100bb shove though

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Depends on the stakes, just like it depends on everything else. People who go all in with 200 bb and a crappy hand at the start of the tournament are just gambling, there is no strategy or thought going on there. RIsking a 5k chip stack to win 100 chips on the table rarely if ever makes any sense at all, a lot of play like this is just bullying and trying to push people around.

The all-in is a powerful tool but if you overuse it then it definitely becomes exploitable. People know that you're not hitting the nuts every 3 minutes.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
When you are playing in a fast tournament with fast growing blinds, like a turbo or a spin you must go all-in many times if you want to win!

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Two main reasons. Either we have the best hand and want to increase the pot size, or we have a big bluff and hope our opponent folds.
well another reason is you are trying to take down the pot at a point where you have the best hand and you don't want to tbe outdrawn.

D

daibert murillo

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They generally go all-in when their stack is smaller and they have AA, KK, QQ in their hands.

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
I would go all in depending on my stack size.

The bigger the stack, the lesser I go all in.
If I have lost the chunk of my chips, I would go all in with any Ax or any pair.

But once my stack is big, than I don’t go all in until the table has lesser stacks than mine.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
If a person puts all his chips in the center of the table, he either deceives you or wants to make money with you, then you just need to understand that you have a strong hand to play with him or a weak one to throw everything away easily and simply

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i usually stay away from all ins, that being said if i have the nuts and some guy pushes, i have no choice but to take their chips. On the rate occasion, if i am below 10bb, and have a really good hand, let the chips fall where they may.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
This kind of play by our opponents opens up new opportunities for us and we must use it. I like it when my opponents play this crazy game, it gives me good results :)

rvicente13

rvicente13

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I try to go all in only with cards that make me sure that I will win, alias, all in means your tournament

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If it's a Cardschat freeroll, you can go all-in at any time, this is a rule, especially if you have a 72of, you can be sure that it's a sure win.😁🤣

NSX_Amfe2nat

NSX_Amfe2nat

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If you play lots of freerolls at 888poker you have such a big fields in tournaments and at that time that tournaments has hyperturbo basic