how to maximise chip.stack

J

jerohit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are holding nuts on post flop.. then how to set a trap. how to show weakness to opponent or make opponent to raise and what to do when you have nuts on post flop but turn or river can change it?

dobatibata

dobatibata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
we can not talk like this in the blank, we must have situation, because there is no strict rule how to do that. Every hand is different hand.

PCK

PCK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like @dobatibata said,you need to tell a concret situation,so we can tell how to show weakness

Dany_Style

Dany_Style

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
we can not talk like this in the blank, we must have situation, because there is no strict rule how to do that. Every hand is different hand.

I agree here, every hand is different,and opponent is different, situation many :)

J

jerohit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am also agree to this... But i am asking about any strategy by which we can make opponent to raise.
Situatiln is early in tournament and only 2 opponents are with you in hand. Your hand is 2 pair A 10...

V

vinest

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
probably need to raise a lot and a lot of bluff and then only you can save the stack. the more I see no way out

SBEP

SBEP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Well if u have absolute nuts on the flop, say str8 flush or four of a kind, u have to slow down check if u have to even after the turn, let them get there and make a hand so they can bet in to you after the river or u bet them and make it look like a bluff, if u have nuts on the flop but can get behind after the turn or river act after the flop bet and hope they will fold, but if they call try to control the pot, so u would lose less if u have to call a bet after the river

J

jerohit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well if u have absolute nuts on the flop, say str8 flush or four of a kind, u have to slow down check if u have to even after the turn, let them get there and make a hand so they can bet in to you after the river or u bet them and make it look like a bluff, if u have nuts on the flop but can get behind after the turn or river act after the flop bet and hope they will fold, but if they call try to control the pot, so u would lose less if u have to call a bet after the river

how much raise is enough to show bluffing means how much % of pot should i raise to show opponent that i am bluffing.
And how much raise to make them fold.

O

oshriosh

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
to trap you check call(if raised) check call (if raised) if he raised check again otherways raise low like 1-2BB for him to think it is a bluff and he will reraise then shove on him

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It really depends on your image at the table and how your opponents have been playing.

Stack sizes also play a factor

CAMurray

CAMurray

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are holding nuts on post flop.. then how to set a trap. how to show weakness to opponent or make opponent to raise and what to do when you have nuts on post flop but turn or river can change it?

Like QQ holding on a 27Qrainbow flop? I just make a standard 1/2 potish cbet giving zero info and if Im called I like to ckraise the turn, & bet what your likely to get paid on the river. If you get rivered by a 72holding, boating on the river, you didn't size your pre flop bets right to narrow the field.

:pcguru:

A

ATPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you lucky' you cfn double you stok even with 2 and 9 or 5 and 10 ^_^

A

ATPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That only works in donkathon freerolls & maybe Vs big PPs stupid enough to slowplay them.

The goal is to maximize take, not to just win the hand.

It was a joke. And if we takin seriosly' need a monster to double stok in first part.

Speedbruce

Speedbruce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you raised pre-flop, you can make a much smaller bet post flop, or check the flop and the turn. But it depends on your opponents, if they're calling too much, you can make more money with 3 average barrels. As aways in poker, it depends.

M

mrbond8844

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
probably need to raise a lot and a lot of bluff and then only you can save the stack. the more I see no way out

Don't bluff, bluffing is a great way to lose your stack, betting on hands you don't have

vic88888

vic88888

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The more cards that are shown on the table, the greater the chance of different combos making it a trickier play. Potential for straight, flush, trip or two pair even with lower cards. All in preflop with AA minimizes damage despite not racking chips. Although by the time you get to river card, you re likely to have invested most of your chips with greater loss potential.

G

Gabriel Pinho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the situation: in all these situations in pre flop

1- LOW STACKS

if you have a high pair in hand, in my opinion, you would not need to raise the stacks. I would wait for opponent. For example: AA, KK, QQ and JJ

Now, if you have a low pair in your hand with low stacks, (TT, 99, 88 until 77), depending on the situation, I will double or triple bet, maybe bet all in, because you force your opponent to give up this round.

2- HIGH STACKS

Usually, I check in some situations: high different cards, like A9, KJ, QT, K8. Low pairs 44, 77, cause I would wait for a three of a kind.

Thanks.

G

Gabriel Pinho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In flop, turn and river:

Dependind the situation, if you have a high pair in flop,
just keep betting until the turn and river . Beware the highest card or if the opponent has two pairs on hand.

You can risk a bluff, if you have, for example, AJ and the flop appears 5,2,8. You would have a safe bluff because you could not have a pair in your hand, but could win the highest card or even wait for A or J in turn or river.

Thanks

G

Gabriel Pinho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for example: You have QK and you tripled bet and the flop shows 2, 7, A. You have still two opponents. What did you do ???

Sincerely, I folded, because if we have towo opponents, probably one of them will have a pair of aces

J

jerohit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for example: You have QK and you tripled bet and the flop shows 2, 7, A. You have still two opponents. What did you do ???

Sincerely, I folded, because if we have towo opponents, probably one of them will have a pair of aces

What about draws like flush draw you got 2 spades and flop showing 2 spade.
And stdaight draw you have A10 abd flop is QK2 ? what should be done in this situation.

vita087

vita087

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tries to move to the villain, his game is very bad to try to trick you